Starting tomorrow, hoping to start strong with motivated buddies....any takers?

Options
szodyraa
szodyraa Posts: 60 Member
Hoping to loose (at least) 86 lbs by April. I always start and never finish.hopefully this time it sticks. I'm always doing it with no Solid support.Hopefully I can find an accountability partner.

Replies

• Kingofthesquirrels
    Kingofthesquirrels Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm the same so maybe we could help each other? X
  • nancy1465
    nancy1465 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i also need to lose that much weight for my daughters wedding Apr 29th....i have been following MFP for a month now and have lose 11 lbs. I love this program...you can do this. My weakness is chocolate...do you have something that you just cant bare to give up? Remember to drink your water too....that really has helped me. Lets do it!
  • AussiePeach
    AussiePeach Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about eighty pounds too.
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. 94lbs by June >.< I'm sick of starting over
  • szodyraa
    Options
    I'm the same so maybe we could help each other? X
    Absolutely I would love that!
  • szodyraa
    Options
    SadDolt wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. 94lbs by June >.< I'm sick of starting over

Starting over is not an option for me at this point ,it's so depressing . we can do it!
  • szodyraa
    Options
    nancy1465 wrote: »
    i also need to lose that much weight for my daughters wedding Apr 29th....i have been following MFP for a month now and have lose 11 lbs. I love this program...you can do this. My weakness is chocolate...do you have something that you just cant bare to give up? Remember to drink your water too....that really has helped me. Lets do it!

I'm just a total foodie so its all a struggle for me
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Start (for a day or week) then quit. I need to do this though. I'm incredibly unhappy. My weight has fluctuated 50 pounds up and down over 6 years. My goal is just to have a healthy bmi, look good in clothes and feel confident and go camping with my class. I need to lose 60 lbs
  • teresabuddy
    teresabuddy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you on the journey. I need to loose 40 pounds. Have fluctuated for years now so starting over again.
  • szodyraa
    Options
    kerr2010 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Start (for a day or week) then quit. I need to do this though. I'm incredibly unhappy. My weight has fluctuated 50 pounds up and down over 6 years. My goal is just to have a healthy bmi, look good in clothes and feel confident and go camping with my class. I need to lose 60 lbs
    I'm the same way I've been morbidly obese since I can remember but I'm an athlete which adds more frustration to the sistuation. Lol hopefully this time everything works out
    Would live for you to join me!,add me anytime

• szodyraa
    Options
    Would love to join you on the journey. I need to loose 40 pounds. Have fluctuated for years now so starting over again.

I would love for you to join! Add me anytime
  • wilbury71
    wilbury71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me please , i have to lose 50 pounds and I am annoying myself with all the failing .
  • szodyraa
    Options
    wilbury71 wrote: »
    Me please , i have to lose 50 pounds and I am annoying myself with all the failing .
    Sure!
  • whatever_46
    whatever_46 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can always add me. I have to lose all my baby weight after my son is born so that I can get back to my original weight. I hear it's a long and grueling process, so we can encourage each other to eat healthy and exercise. :)
  • NinaKSanghera
    NinaKSanghera Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and we all motivate each other.

Don't wait for tomorrow, start now xx
  • szodyraa
    Options
    Tomorrow sounds like an awful long way away.

Take it slow, buy a food scale (you get WAY better results with a food scale than you do with just a people scale). Understanding you'll have setbacks. Everybody does. Understand you will get frustrated. You will want to quit. It will seem at times that NOTHING is happening. You might gain weight after a particularly difficult week. All of this is okay. This whole thing is about making progress, not being perfect. It's okay to have bad days. It's okay to have great days. This is a lifetime commitment you are entering, it doesn't stop after you reach a magical (and completely arbitrary) number you decided on. You have to keep at the whole lifestyle change or you will be back on here starting with the same "hopefully this time it sticks" line.

Best of luck to you.
    I really appreciate your bluntness. I think that's exactly what I need to get back in line when I fall back into old habits! Thanks for the advice :smile:
  • Over50ToBeFit
    Over50ToBeFit Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    nancy1465 wrote: »

Chocolate has always been my downfall... Last trip here I discovered Tootsie Roll Midgets... :) They are extremely low and took away my cravings.
  • Naanbread91
    Naanbread91 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I need to lose at least 120lbs! I've never been a healthy weight so obviously not sure what my body will look like when i start to lose the weight, but I am so fed up of being overweight and feeling so miserable!
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am 3/4 of the way to 80 pounds. Main piece of advice:

*Keep at it, even when you do not reach your initial long-term goal(s).
    *Make short-term attainable goals, and keep moving the goal posts. Always be prepared to set new goals.
    *Start weight training ASAP. Find someone who is willing to start you out by building up your large muscle groups (legs, back, glutes) and keep you in a varied routine. Same with cardio. If you are a swimmer, hit the pool.
    *Weigh and measure your food. You got to where you were because you have no concept of portion sizes. When I was a bartender, I could free pour with deadly accuracy, but had no idea what a serving portion of cereal or yogurt looked like. Your food scale will be your best buddy.
    *Do not go on a diet; adopt a way of eating that will be sustainable once you reach your goal. Eat real food, prepared simply and well. If you want chocolate, make room for it. If you don't know how to cook, learn how to cook. Food Channel and YouTube have great programs that are good for learning basic technique.
    *Drink water...at least 2 liters a day. Try to avoid drinks with artificial sweeteners; they often trigger sugar cravings and can possibly lead to insulin resistance.
    *Don't stop. The biggest obstacle I had was the organ between my ears, and I had to realize that I had to change my thinking, too. Even though I had to adopt discipline, I had to realize that I had to stop beating myself up for binges and slips. It's all part of a process, and my brain can have me justify ANYTHING. Just remember...rationalize is two words: rational lies.

Best of luck to all of you. If you need pointers, friend me. My diary is open.