I need your help!

Options
2»

Replies

• davidmartinez66
    davidmartinez66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Julie,

Looking back on my own weight loss, here are my totals for the first four months:

Sept 2014: -13.8
    Oct 2014: -8.2
    Nov 2014: -4.8
    Dec 2014: -4.6

Thats 31.4 pounds lost in the first four months, including holidays. 100% lost in the kitchen btw. I only joined a
    gym 7 months ago.

Initially the weight should come off easily, if you change what you eat, I threw all kinds of stuff away that I was
    eating that is bad for any human AND stayed discipline with the food. While losing 100 pounds in six months might be a little much, starting is a VERY big decision for you, do it in a healthy way and keep going beyond the cruise, you will love how you feel.

David
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Losing 3 pounds a week is not necessarily unhealthy, especially if you are 100+ pounds overweight. Many of us are pleasantly surprised when this happens, but it never happens every week. What is unhealthy is planning to, and expecting to - lose 3 pounds every week. That is a recipe for failure. Hope my comment wasn't too negative.

That depends on start and goal though. If she's 220 and aiming for 115 it's different than if she's 295 aiming for 190. That's why I said it's not likely. When I first started I dropped 20 the first month, but it slowed significantly after that.
  • abtsdiet
    abtsdiet Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sweetie...it might be a good idea to see a nutritionist. He or she can give you good, factual information.

All the best.

BYW...you are lovely!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Losing 3 pounds a week is not necessarily unhealthy, especially if you are 100+ pounds overweight.

We know she wants to lose 100 pounds. We don't know if she's 100 pounds overweight. Those can be two different things.

It was really good to point out the weight loss won't be consistent each week!
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Not sure what your stats are but I assume I am similar. I am 5'3" and my starting weight was 258.9 back in May (around 120 lbs to be in healthy weight range). I only recently started back up with my weighing and logging and am already down to 250.3. With that being said... Back in 2013 I logged religiously on mfp and got into a regular exercise routine. I worked my but off and consumed only around 1300-1400 calories (I started off around 220lbs). I lost 30 pounds in just over 4 months. That is more realistic to what you will be seeing in results if you work hard. I would recommend not setting goals that are too strict or you may get discouraged when you don't see those results.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Just input your goals and it will tell you the calories. stick with it, workout and do the best you can. I wouldnt set any expectations on how much to lose each months but at the end of six months I guarantee you will be happy with however good you have done :)
  • MBethVolk
    MBethVolk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't usually check message boards but was looking for motivation. I do know I am successful if I PLAN my food and log every meal. MFP will tell you if you are on target or not. Drink plenty of water and try to move, whatever that means for you ... walk, swim, taking the stairs, park your car a little further away, etc. Whatever you can do, it's a start. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You can certainly lose a lot of weight in 6 months. If you have the willpower to measure and weigh all your food and drinks and log you'll have success. You can try 1200 calories a day and get some Leslie Sansone exercise DVD to start. Then add full body weight training 3x per week. Hasfit fitness blender on YouTube are great good luck
  • BigMikeP81
    BigMikeP81 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I lost 39lbs and 4 inches of my waistline in 4 weeks by simply cutting out all breads, rice, pastas, regular potatoes and sweets. I'm limited on exercising because i have medical issues that prevent it at the moment. I have a Cardio Wellness Nurse and Dietician who both keep a close eye on my diet. I eat lean meats, a lot of colorful veggies, fresh fruits, hard boiled egg whites, and drink protein powder smoothies.