Can't lose anymore :(

Options
I've been bouncing back and forth between 130 and 135 for a few months now. My goal is 120 for my November wedding. I admit, I do go over my calories every now and then but it's not by a lot, 200-300 at most. I play "Just Dance 2" on my Wii for 15-30 minutes a few times a week. I tried on my dress last month and I could hardly move in it!

My measurements haven't changed so I'm stuck! HELP ME!!!!!

Any tips (besides NOT going over calories LOL) would be greatly appreciated.
Also, any videos or programs you are doing that work, let me know and a possible place to purchase it.

Replies

• promiseskept
    promiseskept Posts: 119
    Options
    Pick up walking in the evening for an hour.
    You either have to cut back the calories or include more exercise.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Add in some strength training!!! You'll build up some muscle, which will keep you burning more calories throughout the day! Also, switch up your workout a bit, just to keep things new and keep your body from getting stuck in a rut.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding, keep working hard and you will look absolutely gorgeous on your day!
  • caeliumspecto
    caeliumspecto Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to switch your workout. Start doing something that really challenges your body. I've also heard calorie shifting can help getting over a plateau.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Try lowering your carbs for the next few weeks- if will help you get into that dress. And make sure the carbs you do eat are complex carbohydrates. And of course make sure you are getting enough protein ( more than MFP allows) and bump up the cardio until then! it make not make a difference on the scale, but it will help you get into that dress!
  • heidiscool
    heidiscool Posts: 36
    Options
    Strength training will also tone you and make you fit in your dress better.
  • bobisagirl
    bobisagirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This page is super-helpful http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html
    But yeah I'd suggest more exercise judging from what you've said. Strength training is suprisingly rewarding, and helps you lose inches more than weight as you tone down.
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any strength training? You don't have to go to a gym to start-- push-ups/lunges/squats are all great body-weight exercises if you've not done strength training before.
  • jennyrabbit
    Options
    I would definitely say to increase your exercise. I love the Jillian Michaels videos. If you have cable TV, some companies have a Exercise TV channel and they are free. I haven't paid for a single one. Her videos are extreme calorie burning...it should help!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    More cardio! 15-30 minutes a "few" times a week won't accomplish much. Try for 45-60 5-6 days a week. I love the Turbo Fire DVDs but they are expensive.
  • ljw556
    ljw556 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I admit, I do go over my calories every now and then but it's not by a lot, 200-300 at most.

^^^Do you weigh and measure everything? If not, you could be going over by a lot more than a few hundred calories. It's strange that you would stay the same weight for months at a time if you were actually at a calorie deficit. My advice is to be extra diligent about measuring and tracking your portions. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've been bouncing back and forth between 130 and 135 for a few months now. My goal is 120 for my November wedding. I admit, I do go over my calories every now and then but it's not by a lot, 200-300 at most. I play "Just Dance 2" on my Wii for 15-30 minutes a few times a week. I tried on my dress last month and I could hardly move in it!

I know you don't want the 'not going over calories' tip...but I just thought I'd draw your attention to this that I only worked out a few days ago: I am 5'3 and 138 ish lbs - so only a little bigger than you. My 1lb a week loss goal is to eat 1200 cals. My maintenance calorie goal is 1590...so only 390 more. So when you say you only go over by 200-300 calories....that could make a *big* difference (especially as at 5'2 and 130-5, your maintenance is probably ever fewer calories)!
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there
    dont give if if you have not lost keep trying and you will get there and as for the videos type in the search bar 10mintrainer and you will get tony hortons workouts see if you like them or try then and convert them to they way you may want to try so good luck
    steve
  • shannaire
    shannaire Posts: 38
    Options
    Hiya cut down on carbs, drink lots of water and do more exercise and try walking very good. Also could try skipping very good 2 help you get rid of extra cals in the day x
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    Thanks yall.
    I'll try my best!
    I'm just lacking motivation, although motivation should be to fit in my dress, I won't panic and get really motivated until it's too late.
    I almost bought the 30 day shred but was unsure of what exercises it does and if I'd like it.