Breastfeeding momma trying to get healthy again!

Options
So I'm getting back into logging and trying to lose weight, I have taken a break for almost a year because I had just kinda backed off and then I got pregnant and now I'm ready to start back up...I gained a total of 12 pounds during my pregnancy and now 10 days after my c-section I am 12 pounds less than I was before getting pregnant. I am breastfeeding my twins so I figured since breastfeeding is said to help you lose weight I would go ahead and get serious again and use it as help to get to my goal...
I know that since I'm breastfeeding I have to take in extra calories so I will 'go over' daily but it'll only be a certain amount...I would love to get some advice from other breastfeeding moms to help me safely and healthily lose weight!

Replies

• keenaco02
    keenaco02 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm also breastfeeding my 3 month old. Make healthy choices and you will be ok. My diary is open feel free to add me.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight when I was breastfeeding - probably too much. It was the skinniest I've been in my whole life, and I only had one [really hungry] kid!

You're only 10 days post-surgery, so my advice right NOW is to take it easy, enjoy your babies, and eat and drink to hunger/thirst. Don't think too much about calories just yet - and don't try to exercise. Your body needs to heal and your milk needs to stabilize.

But after a few more weeks? You're breastfeeding, so this is a great time to look carefully at what you eat - not just for your own calorie counting, but to make the best milk you can for your littles.

Congratulations!
  • kronin23
    kronin23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My sister is trying at the moment - she traying to loose ~20lb and have plan for 30 days