Home/Doorway Pull Up Bar

Hey all! I’d love some reviews of your home chin-up/pull-up bars! I’m looking for one because I’m getting really frustrated with not being able to do them, so I want to be able to practice outside of the gym. I do need one that I don’t have to screw in – one that hangs in the doorway perhaps? We are putting our condo on the market, so one that will do as little damage as possible to the walls or door frame is great! And I’m on the heavy side so it needs to hold me without bringing the house down, lol.
Thanks!

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    You don't look like you are on the heavy side but I do have two and this is my second house using them in. I bought them at Bed, Bath and Beyond but I have seen them at Marshall's and TJ Maxx and Amazon. This is the one I have. I have not had any damage. I do put a little thin pad, foam like, where the pads hit but that is probably paranoia on my part.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    VegasFit wrote: »
    You don't look like you are on the heavy side but I do have two and this is my second house using them in. I bought them at Bed, Bath and Beyond but I have seen them at Marshall's and TJ Maxx and Amazon. This is the one I have. I have not had any damage. I do put a little thin pad, foam like, where the pads hit but that is probably paranoia on my part.

Thanks! Do you know the brand or anything? The few in shops around us all have screws and anchors and I don't want to put any holes in the walls or doorframes, then the two I looked at on Amazon (before getting overwhelmed with thousands of options) both had weight limits of 150 pounds, which I am over that!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited July 2016
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/iron-gym-153/1016159433 That's the one I have although it's not available online it looks like anymore but there is nothing to attach. And I was definitely over 150 when I first bought it.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Try a sporting good store if you're in the US dicks sporting good

if there's still one in your area a Sports Authority before it closes