How can i lose weight in one month time?

Options
I am a mother of six, 52 years of age, weigh 94 kgs. I am 174 cm tall. I have just recently started experiencing increased cholesterol levels. I have been having extreme jolts of pain coming and going in my knee area. I am extremely unhappy with my shape. I love eating sweets, biscuits and cakes; and hate healthy foods. Nevertheless, I have been constantly trying to eat right.
Any advice would be appreciated. I would also like to form correspondence with those that have experienced something similar to what I am experiencing presently.
Thank you.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What happens in one month's time?
  • beautyintherain
    beautyintherain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am planning on going on a vacation with my friends in one month.
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am working on losing 30 lbs I have gained in the past 15 years due surgery. I have tried every diet and calorie counting which also does not work for me. I just switched to a plant based diet, trying not to eat processed foods, no cheese, no dairy, no meat and no oil. If you can do that for four weeks, I bet you would lose. I had two friends lose over 40 pounds in three months changing their diets. They didn't due all the brutal hours of working out either, they walked or rode bikes.
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    whoops they didn't "do" I mean! :D
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you set up your goal to lose 1 kg per week, you could conceivably lose up to 4kgs. That would be a really good start!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    If you set up your goal to lose 1 kg per week, you could conceivably lose up to 4kgs. That would be a really good start!

OP this is about all you can do. You can start the process, and you can eat whatever you want to really to loose weight, you just need to be in a calorie deficit to loose weight which = eating less of those foods you love you mentioned in your OP.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    If you put all your info into mfp choose 2 pounds a week, you should easily be able to lose 10 pounds.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Losing weight in a month is easy. Establish yourself in a calorie deficit. Stay in a calorie deficit for a month. You lose weight. The hard part is when you demand to lose more weight than you can possibly achieve with a sensible calorie deficit.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm confused by why you're asking to lose weight in one month's time. Your OP is citing health issues...sounds like your goal is more about your health than about trying to drop a bunch of weight quickly. Fast loss doesn't equal better. Getting your health under control is a wonderful goal, but that will take time. Certainly longer than a month, though you could start seeing improvements, at least. Could you elaborate a little more on what your goals are? How much are you looking to lose? Have you discussed this with your doctor?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    snerggly wrote: »
    I am working on losing 30 lbs I have gained in the past 15 years due surgery. I have tried every diet and calorie counting which also does not work for me. I just switched to a plant based diet, trying not to eat processed foods, no cheese, no dairy, no meat and no oil. If you can do that for four weeks, I bet you would lose. I had two friends lose over 40 pounds in three months changing their diets. They didn't due all the brutal hours of working out either, they walked or rode bikes.

Elimination diets are one way to reduce calories. You are not losing because you changed your diet. You are losing because you are finally eating less than maintenance. ALL weight loss is eating fewer calories than your body burns.

OP - set a realistic weekly weight loss goal. Eat food you like and measure portions. The most accurate way to measure portions is with a food scale. Log that food in MFP and meet your daily calorie goal. Add exercise, log it and eat a *portion of those calories too. Exercise calorie burns are *estimates.

@queenliz99 is right. Just get a good start.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight in one month's time. The question is: how much. And after the one month, are you going to keep it off or gain it all back?

I've been losing .8 - 1.5 pounds a week by counting calories and eating at a deficit. I haven't cut out my favorite foods either. I eat whatever I like as long as it fits into my daily or weekly calorie goals. My end game strategy to keep it off will be to continue counting calories at a maintenance level.

"Eating right" means something different to every person you ask. The key to losing weight and keeping it off is to eat the foods YOU want to eat...just in moderation.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i think like some of the others have pointed out, you should look at this as more of a lifestyle change. For instance changing your eating habits for good can be something that will take longer than 30 days.

i'd suggest forget about the 30 day goal for weight loss and think about 30 goals for lifestyle changes. Like maybe take the next 30 days to discover a few healthy vegetable dishes that you can easily work into your menu. don't look at it as depriving yourself, focus on what you can add in