I can't work out my workout

Options
Hi all, just wanted some advice really. I am just starting my fitness journey so was wondering if people could give me some advice on what workouts I can do at home? Not feeling confident enough to go to a gym at the mo but I do go running occasionally and walk to and from work (30mins each way) So yeah, any ideas for cheap home workouts would be deeply appreciated

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    YouTube has lots of workouts. I've seen Leslie Sansone recommended a lot here, and you can find bodyweight exercises too.
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    try nerdfitness their home beginners bodyweight work out is good.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender videos are excellent - you can pick various types of goals and combine mini work outs to make longer sessions. You can also search for videos against time, goals, equipment etc.

Also, they are free.

https://www.fitnessblender.com/

• swheeler0602
    swheeler0602 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club app is great and it's free. You tell them how often you workout and they will give you a library of workouts you can choose from. You can choose from different levels, types of workouts, target areas, etc. It will help you through the workouts as well.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith TV is my favorite YouTube channel.

www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Sit ups, push ups, squats, lunges, burpees, etc. Go to Goodwill or garage sales and pick up some exercise videos. There are tons, especially if you still own a VHS player.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    kendahlj wrote: »
    Sit ups, push ups, squats, lunges, burpees, etc. Go to Goodwill or garage sales and pick up some exercise videos. There are tons, especially if you still own a VHS player.

^This is good too. Exercise videos will help you figure out your likes & dislikes.
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    pinktoesjb wrote: »

This. I love Nerd Fitness!
  • julesloveland
    julesloveland Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Joe Wicks aka 'The Body Coach' on YouTube.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    pinktoesjb wrote: »

This. I love Nerd Fitness!

Just a third vote for Nerd Fitness, if you are in the market for exercises that don't require any equipment.

Depending on how much of an investment you want to make, you could work on building up a home gym. I have a barbell set and bench, some dumbbells, and a kickboxing bag, but my favorite new toy is a suspension trainer, a la TRX. Got it off amazon for $30 and I really enjoy it for changing up my routine - nothing but lifting and running was getting boring. It's great for cardio, but also useful for some resistance training, and there are tons of videos on youtube.