BEST go to healthy snacks for <100 calories

Options
Novicanes
Novicanes Posts: 12 Member
Who has a good go to snack for 100 calories or less?
I keep eating 5-6 mini meals because if I eat 3 meals...then the 2 snacks aren't enough.
UGH!

Replies

• cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    string cheese, edamame, hummus and veggies, any of the 100 cal chips or cookies (if that's your thing)...
  • atinywren
    atinywren Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh, there's a ton of stuff! Vegetables and fruit. Cheese. Deli meats like turkey or chicken breast. An egg. Some kinds of yogurt. Vegetable soup. Little bit of dark chocolate. Some nuts. Popcorn. Personally, I go for the deli meats.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works for me for those calories are carrots or egg drop soup (2 cups of broth with an egg scrambled in it).
  • xxsplease
    xxsplease Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This time of year, a huge bowl of berries. Dark chocolate for a treat.
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lowfat cottage cheese with fresh cubed peach mixed in. DELICIOUS.

Or go savory and do cottage cheese with diced tomatoes and cucumber with a sprinkling of pepper.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yasso frozen yogurt bars are 100 calories! They're my favorite when it comes to ice cream. Sugar free jello (whole box is 40 calories), half or more of an apple with PB2 (around 95 calories, depending on the size of the apple), frozen banana slices with light cool whip (could be over 100 depending on the size of the banana) :smile:
  • xxsplease
    xxsplease Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of volume eating so I always snack on raw vegetables, hard boiled egg whites, etc.

Have you tried lime juice and hot sauce on hard boiled egg whites? Sounds weird but I like it. Its a Mexican thing.
  • yuisheep
    yuisheep Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Medjool dates? One is about 70 cal and I've found it's pretty satisfying (esp if you've got a sweet tooth). It's got a very low glycemic index, so even though it's very sweet, the sugar gets into your bloodstream slower.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Under 100
    multipacks of crisps like Quavers and Walkers Pops
    boxes of ice creams like Solero, Nestle Fab, Rowntrees fruit pastille ice lollies
    Pots 0% Greek yogurt
    Apple
    Raspberries or blackberries

Under 150
    Hummus and crudités
    Farmhouse bread, laughing cow light and cucumber
    Banana

It's snacking food
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Cottage chesse
    String chesse
    Fruit
    My fav is bannanas and kiwi
  • MishaWest79
    MishaWest79 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My snacks are usually both calorie/nutrient dense as I have smaller main meals. I also tend to eat fats/protein and some sugar, not so many carbs.

100 calories
    10g Mayver's cocoa super spread + 100g Carrot sticks
    (contains cashews, peanuts, brazil nuts, almonds, dates, cocoa powder, chia seeds, sesame seeds and vanilla)

Otherwise:
    Organic full fat yoghurt
    Almonds
    Cottage cheese + banana + maple syrup
    Popcorn
    Smoked salmon with lemon juice
    Raw natural almonds
    Apples/Berries
    Chia seeds (pre-soaked in water)

• OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    yuisheep wrote: »
    Have you tried Medjool dates? One is about 70 cal and I've found it's pretty satisfying (esp if you've got a sweet tooth). It's got a very low glycemic index, so even though it's very sweet, the sugar gets into your bloodstream slower.

Great recommendation, they are like eating candy. Also dried figs are good.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Not the healthiest snack but keeps the munchies at bay for a good hour at least: 2 slices deli ham rolled around about 9grams Philadelphia cream cheese, you can take it lower if you buy 1/3 less fat cream cheese.
  • all_in_the_game
    all_in_the_game Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One Baked Potato. It is a filling and healthy option.