You've earned 2315 extra calories from exercise today

Options
Does anybody else get sort of a thrill from reading something like that after you log some workouts? It's motivation unto itself, and one of the many things I like about this site.

Replies

• plunder_bunny
    Options
    Haha it's awesome!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I do, it makes my workout feel that much better. I've never hit 2k in 1 day but I have gone over 1k which feels great.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Wow, great workout.
  • coolsmartygirl
    coolsmartygirl Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT, makes me feel like I can do anything. I did that what else can I do? Usually it's a once a week or two victory though. Time constrictions...
  • doodledaze
    doodledaze Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Can't say that I've ever seen anything like that when I've logged in MY workout! Great job!
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    It is amazing, but WOW, that's quite the burn :tongue:
  • FionaK1990
    Options
    Wow that's some serious working out!!! Most I get is a few 100 calories extra. Maybe I'm logging it wrong.... I'll be starting at a gym this week we'll see how many extra calories I get :)
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    yep I love it :) I'm at 1600 so far today and not done working out. Gives me a little boost seeing the numbers.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    My thought would be "I'll never be able to eat back all those calories!" Haha! That's awesome, though.
  • felly07
    felly07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Can't say that I've ever seen anything like that when I've logged in MY workout! Great job!

*High five* Me niether my highest is about 350. 1K is amazing 2k is just phenomenal. I
  • bcbman
    bcbman Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Really love it when I read those number. I have yet to log a number over 1400 but working up to that 2000 number.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I want to know what you're doing to burn that many cals in a day! JEALOUS.
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I hit one like that yesterday for the first time, was over 2400. Went on a three hour hike in the woods with the first half all up hill. I am feeling it today but...WOW! Can't believe I did it!
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Yeah I get those kinds of numbers too. Awesome motivation and yeah I almost never can eat all those calories back :)
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job. I didn't realize that you can burn so much calories riding a bike. Keep it up.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I wind up with nearly 2000 on the days I have my kung fu class. It's kind of fun (but as others have said, I don't even try to eat back those calories. ... I don't think I could!).
  • cerdmann
    cerdmann Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm thrilled when I see close to 1000 calories burned! You must really be working hard. Good for you!
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I want to know what you're doing to burn that many cals in a day!

The bulk of it came from a 32 mile bicycle ride but also worked out for a half hour. I averaged over 17.5 mph on the ride, but most of that was adrenaline because halfway out it began to rain, and the rest of the way I was all alone and getting soaked on a route I had never been on before (but fortunately had a great cue sheet that stayed dry in a plastic bag). It was an awesome ride, albeit fraught with danger. :smile:
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    As a postscript to this... Today is even funnier:

"You've earned 3943 extra calories from exercise today"

No way on Earth that I am gonna eat back THOSE exercise calories today! I just finished two hellacious rides in the heat, total around 60 miles, avg. 17 mph. With hills. I am done. My legs are screaming at me, but it was fun. They will probably really be mad at me tomorrow. It's just that I am so tired now I barely have energy to eat. Maybe in a few minutes.