Fat sources please

Options
Hi,

Finding it really difficult to meet my fat % each day.
Anyone suggest any good low carb (pref low sugar) fat sources please

Thank you.

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Meat, cold water fish, avocados, olive and other oils, nuts
  • xxsplease
    xxsplease Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Butter. Put it on your veggies fry your steak in it thank me later.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Bacon grease.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Olive oil, coconut oil, butter (actual butter, screw that margarine noise), save the fat from any meats, nuts, eggs, pepperoni, salami, mayo, high-fat sausages, etc. Fat is easy, if you actually look for it.
  • brighteststitcher
    brighteststitcher Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    coconut butter is the bomb.
  • xxsplease
    xxsplease Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, coconut oil, butter (actual butter, screw that margarine noise), save the fat from any meats, nuts, eggs, pepperoni, salami, mayo, high-fat sausages, etc. Fat is easy, if you actually look for it.

does anyone even still eat margarine? Yuk
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    xxsplease wrote: »

They still sell it, so someone must be buying that crap, unless the companies have been out of business for a decade, and the stuff just hasn't sold yet. ;)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    coconut butter is the bomb.
    OMG...love coconut butter. I'm also a fan of peanut butter, maple almond butter, and suflower seed butter. Oh, and just butter, salted please!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream, nuts
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    xxsplease wrote: »

Lol, my parents will only eat margarine.

Butter is my overall favorite source of fat. If you can eat it, milk and cheese.
    Adding oil to your cooking is a very easy way to add more fats. I've been cooking roasted veggies in my slow cooker with some oil to bring up my numbers. Duck fat and bacon grease have both been awesome oils. I'm using some olive oil for the next four tupperwares.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Almonds are my weakness. Also, Google "fat bombs" for ideas. They're generally baked treats that use butter, ricotta, coconut oil, etc. with almond flour instead of wheat flour so they're really low carb but high fat.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I make fat bombs. They are more like candy. just melted coconut oil, butter, chocolate (unsweetened baking chocolate) peanut or other nut butter, melted and cut into squares. I sweeten mine with honey, adds a negligible amount of carbs.

A few of those, some cream in my coffee, and half an avocado, and I'm already over 45% fats for my day.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like putting fresh ground peanuts peanut butter or Almond butter most bulk food stores have the grinder and the nuts right there. Guacamole, coconut oil are good. Cream in your coffee etc.