How to pass time on the treadmill

Options
for me music is a must. i found a playlist on pandora that is wonderful - Sorgeon General's Walking Playlist. how about you?

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Netflix app on my smartphone.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    netflix
    audible.com
  • claaugonzalezm
    claaugonzalezm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I watch videos in Youtube like tutorials or fitness tips
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I watch The Today Show and The View and cooking shows while on the treadmill and elliptical.
  • bex0r2016
    bex0r2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I race the person on the treadmill next to me. And I think about solutions for things at work. And I think about my form. I'm afraid I'll get distracted by music and fall off the treadmill and I find it hard to read or concentrate on shows.

LOL I like your style Jeannie. You're not the only one! :smile:
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I watch the biggest loser....have seen all 17 seasons of the US version and now on season 3 of Australian version. all while either on my bike or on the treadmill. My thing is IF THEY CAN DO IT, SO CAN I. I just keep going. Really really helps
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I make Youtube video playlists to watch on my iPad. The commercials annoyed me, so I used Movie Maker to turn it into an MP4, which also makes me not dependent on the gym's WiFi.

I also watch Netflix. I finished rewatching Lost, and stupidly thought I'd start on a new season of Criminal Minds. In the episode I watched, the unsub was removing people's limbs whilst keeping them alive to torture them - not exactly what I wanted to watch while running on the treadmill. I think I'll switch over to House of Cards and see if I can make it through the first few episodes to the point where I've been informed the series starts really getting good.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    iPad with HBOGO & Netflix.
  • Brianthesnail1971
    Brianthesnail1971 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I found watching Question Time is ideal ... as the politicians make me so angry by never answering a question it makes me run faster. It's either that or throwing something at the Tv, I figure the running option a little cheaper :smiley:
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Playlist of 70s 80s music and I sing along
  • LB30
    LB30 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I read.
  • BellaSOUL11
    BellaSOUL11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Youtube, Netflix, pandora, and reading.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Music is the only thing that makes it bearable for me. And it doesn't always work.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I run outside but i just stay in my own head. Its my time to think about everything in my life and about me and only me. The only thing motivating me and keeping me going is myself and thats what passes the time
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I work harder...I generally listen to music, but I'm generally working hard enough to where I can't really read or watch movies. I loath the treadmill though...if I run (which is not that often) I try to go outside.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I only use the dreadmill for warming up prior to lifting so all I need is a good play list. If I want to run, I go outdoors.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The treadmills at the gym have Solitaire now... so I play while I listen to music (can't run, so it's not like I'm going to fall or something).

Otherwise, before I would listen to Audible or music, but my gym has bad signal so Netflix is out. At home when I'm on my stationary bike I watch Netflix though.
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I also do the Music/Netflix thing.

But I mainly just do a bunch of different stuff on it rather than just run... I don't actually like running, lol. Like doing intervals of walking/jogging/running, doing lunges on low speed, lifting 3-5lb weights while walking on low, switching up the incline randomly (with or without hand weights), and sometimes the dog hops on to walk with me (no joke, he loves it!) lol. Otherwise I just go outside or do another cardio activity like bike riding/kayaking/hiking/softball/zumba/etc. :):)