That Roller Coaster Life...

Options
shesagoalgetter
shesagoalgetter Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2016 in Motivation and Support
My highest weight was 303 in my 20s. Got down to a pre-baby weight of 230 at age 30. After baby running weight of 158 <3 and have slowly but steadily climbed back up to 270 ish. Used Dietbet to get down to 231 by last Christmas. Stopped weighing in, stopped /cardio/lifting and started binge eating instead. Started yet AGAIN at 262 on June 22 and I'm at 254 as of this morning. Tracking my journey on IG, same name.

So tired of telling myself, "I'll start on Monday." I want to be ready and confident for any adventure and event in that moment. I'm disappointed that I've stopped being fun and impulsive. Rather, I realize that I've started to analyze everything. I get those feelings of anxiety, dread and hesitation when a trip or event is proposed. You know the feeling, right? Thinking of a way to get out of an activity that will make me feel uncomfortable, what will I wear, can I do it, hating hot summer hot weather, what are people going to think of me, avoiding pictures, lowered self-esteem. All those emotional ups and downs because my roller coaster went off track...again.

My life has been a series of countdowns. I have this wedding, this vacation, this deadline and then freaking out cause I only have X amount of days to get back in shape. After the deadline passes I revert back to my unhealthier ways. Anybody else ready to get off this crazy dieting and binge-ing rollercoaster ride too? Hoping to find some like-journeyed (I made that word up I think ;) ) guys and gals for motivation, support and ACCOUNTABILITY!

Replies

• navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add. You can do it, stay strong.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,786 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I used to work at an amusement park in Ohio during my college summers--Cedar Point--and I'm ready to get off the weight roller coaster!! :D

Jill
    02172009 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a lot in common and need friebds
  • Vicwantsabs
    Vicwantsabs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me
    Much needed support as well
    ❤️
  • shesagoalgetter
    shesagoalgetter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What helped me get off the roller coaster of weight loss/weight gain forever was changing my mindset. I told myself I would never "go on" a "diet" ever again! "Diets" make me angry and grumpy. I allowed mysel to eat anything I really wanted within portion controlled amounts so as not to feel resentful and deprived. Of course it helped a great deal that I love veggies, salads and fruits, so firstly I would fill up on those and give myself a treat if I still wanted one.

Next, it was helpful to me to tell myself I am losing weight for health reasons rather than looking good reasons. By saying this to myself, it meant that I would always be conscious of what I put in my body and the amounts I put in my body in order to be healthy in body, mind, and spirit. If I lost weight simply to go on a special trip or wear a special outfit, then once I accomplished that goal, I would quit being conscious of my eating and exercise.
    I say I'm trying to get healthy and fit and that's a goal that never ends for me.

Awesome response! Thank you! The mindset part is the part that gets me every time. What strategies help you keep motivated?
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    What helped me get off the roller coaster of weight loss/weight gain forever was changing my mindset. I told myself I would never "go on" a "diet" ever again! "Diets" make me angry and grumpy. I allowed mysel to eat anything I really wanted within portion controlled amounts so as not to feel resentful and deprived. Of course it helped a great deal that I love veggies, salads and fruits, so firstly I would fill up on those and give myself a treat if I still wanted one.

Next, it was helpful to me to tell myself I am losing weight for health reasons rather than looking good reasons. By saying this to myself, it meant that I would always be conscious of what I put in my body and the amounts I put in my body in order to be healthy in body, mind, and spirit. If I lost weight simply to go on a special trip or wear a special outfit, then once I accomplished that goal, I would quit being conscious of my eating and exercise.
    I say I'm trying to get healthy and fit and that's a goal that never ends for me.

Fantastic outlook. I have been on that roller-coaster for years. You have given me a new way to look at my ups and downs. Thank you.
  • jm216
    Options
    Down a pound today... Feeling great!
    Happy Wednesday!

Jill
  • dhbpayton
    dhbpayton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I absolutely feel that same way. I have a VERY stressful life and i often use that as an excuse (even though I have tried hard not to). We have 4 kids, one of which is very ill special needs child. The long list of drs appts, medication changes, keep nursing scheduled, ect. My boys are all teenagers and active, trying to keep a balance for them is hard. And also I work full-time. My schedule is packed.

I actually won a year gym membership and recently lost 45 lbs., but as soon as I won the membership I fell off the wagon again. (i need to lose 100 more) I really need accountability, I need to stay consistant and committed. But I don't know how to stay off this roller coaster and stop using stress to eat.

You can do it! Feel free to friend me, we can support each other!
  • jm216
    Options
    Back on that crazy roller coaster yesterday... Trying to get off!

B)
  • dawnkimber3
    dawnkimber3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have started this journey many times. I need motivation and support. Feel free to add me. I want to succeed!
  • parelyp
    parelyp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i'm on the same roller coaster and i'm over it!!!
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    OP what you describe has been my entire adult life with the roller coaster of weight loss/gains. I have it figured out this time because I'm NOT thinking just about the end goals, but really just living a healthier life in general. No more excuses, from no one, especially myself. Today I'm super sore from starting lifting heavy weights on Saturday (Ice cream workout 5x5) and a grueling cardio lower body workout yesterday that was awesome. Normally I'd say hey take a day off cause you know everything is sore yadda yadda.. NOPE.. going to go for a nice 3 mile walk/jog around a lake after work.

Feel free to add me, as I'm always looking for others who understand the journey and want to help keep each other accountable.