anyone else on a 1200 cal restriction?

Options
Everyone's dairy I view is typically 1499 and higher on amount of calories per day and I was wanting to see if I could find anyone else out
There that is under that bar with me or has seen results. I would like to get ideas on dividing it up throughout the day!
Best of luck to you all aiming to reach your goals! Thanks!

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    i kind of am. I have it for 1280 calories. To lose 1 lb a week. if i want to lose 1.5lbs it brings me to 1200 calories, doesnt really add up. Check out my diary, not this weekends stuff cause it is bad but beyond that it is good.
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200, I'm losing weight quite easily when i eat clean. In the past month or so I've lost about 8-9 pounds. :) The only thing that sucks is the low sugar content and I eat a lot of fruit :)
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Am on 1200 calories. I find it pretty easy to stay within if I watch myself. I am eating well and I don't feel like am starving either.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It doesn't add up because 1200 calories is the lowest the system will let you go. If you check out your goals page, you'll most likely see that it's only showing you losing 1.25 pounds at that count, or some such. That's how mine is.

I try to eat 5 meals a day, which means each is a meager 240 calories on days i don't exercise. Typically, that's monday and wednesday, though i occasionally do some cardio on Wednesday. However, the rest of the week i'm burning between 500 and 800 calories at the gym, and i don't eat back all of that, so it works out okay.
  • SarahWrittenThin
    SarahWrittenThin Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    my dr put me on 1200 calories so thats where I'm set at.
  • JamiroJunior
    JamiroJunior Posts: 139
    Options
    *raises hand* But I've gotten over the over-eating so it's not that hard for me to eat under my calorie goal, and I've lost 11 pounds so I'm doing something right.

:happy: Good luck!
  • jennifer8989
    jennifer8989 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    fruits have natural sugars so that dosent really count its more like refined sugars and things like that
  • caristear
    caristear Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm doing wellness coaching with a Fitness Center manager and personal trainer and she's got me between 1500-1800 calories a day. I work out at least 5 days a week but for the past two weeks have been doing 8 workouts during the 7 days to boost my metabolism. She says for as active as I am I should be eating at least 1500 calories on the days that I don't work out. This is to lose about 1 pound per week.
  • Missyb322
    Missyb322 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yep, I too am on a 1200 calorie limit and am trying through trial and error to learn what that consists of. The difficult part is going under because I'm scared of exceeding the 1200 calories and then being told at the end of the day I'm under and need to atleast get to 1200 calories a day. So basically you can't go over and then if you're allotted 1200, it's bad to be under as well. This is the difficult part
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    1200 here!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of people on 1200 calorie diets.
    The reason their diaries could be higher also is from eating back their exercise calories.
  • sonbeam
    sonbeam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I am on 1200 calories. I just started 3 weeks ago. I am down 6 lbs so..so far so good. You are more that welcome to check out my food diary if you want.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    fruits have natural sugars so that dosent really count its more like refined sugars and things like that

glad you mentioned that as my sugar levels are way over most days, but because of fruits. I was thinking, damn, now I cant even eat fruits :-(
  • jessewessy1990
    jessewessy1990 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 1200 restriction and I find i'm always under on the calories but find I go over on my carbs ....I eat a lot of fruit so I find it hard. The only way round it is to work out alot but its hard to find the time to work out more than 3/4 times a week with my university course
  • karen6898
    karen6898 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am having a hard time trying to eat 1200 calories, i fall short almost every day. I need to eat at least 1200 a day in order to loose 2lbs a week, especially with the amount of time I spend in the gym.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200 a day and seem to do a pretty good job of staying there. I however have not lost weight in about 4 months. I was working out and got lazy so now i just need to get off my but and work out again. I had lost 15 lbs prior to that and now have stayed between 145 and 150 since. I was thinking really hard about it today and have decided to stop eating as much junk food as i do and to start working out more. I hate looking the way I do and want to feel sexy again.
  • barefootgardener
    Options
    i get a lot more than that but personally try to keep it as close to 1200 as i can
  • sl1mmy
    sl1mmy Posts: 185
    Options
    I'm on the 1200 cal. I think I eat more than I used to when not on a diet but I didn't lose anything this week. I'm not doing enought exercise. I eat lots of veges and some fruits. Very well balanced meals you can look.
  • sambo32
    sambo32 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am on 1200 too, you can look at my diary if you like
  • LaurenH2010
    Options
    Am on 1200 calories. I find it pretty easy to stay within if I watch myself. I am eating well and I don't feel like am starving either.

I agree 100% one thing I really enjoy is my cup of slimming tea after dinner