Within calorie in take but over on my fat goal.

Hi,

Please help!!!

Im always within my target of calories however the macro tab says im over my goal of fat for the day, how will this affect my weight loss?

Replies

• sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    It shouldn't.

I often go over in one area or another, it happens. As long as you are on target in your overall calories, you should be good. (you may retain water if over on sodium or when some people overdo carbs, but that's water weight and will go away)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    It shouldn't.

I often go over in one area or another, it happens. As long as you are on target in your overall calories, you should be good. (you may retain water if over on sodium or when some people overdo carbs, but that's water weight and will go away)

Agreed.

In the big picture it shouldn't matter much if at all. When you say you are over... are you over by a little, or by a ton? If your diet is, generally speaking, reasonably balanced and reasonably healthy, then being over a bit in fats shouldn't be a problem.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Calories are king for weight loss. As long as you hit your calorie goals, you should lose weight (assuming you don't have any medical issues that might mess with this).

Your macros fat/carbs/protein can help with different things. For instance, fat helps with things like hormone balance, cell regrowth, and healthy skin and nails. Carbs help give you energy. Protein can help retain and repair your muscles.

It's important to remember that the macro split MFP gives you for fat/protein/carbs is just one suggested goal. There are a lot of ways that you can configure those numbers and stay happy & healthy. Play around and see what works for you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Hi,

Please help!!!

Im always within my target of calories however the macro tab says im over my goal of fat for the day, how will this affect my weight loss?

It won't.
  • micahiggins
    micahiggins Posts: 6 Member
    Only just found your responses!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Hopefully it hasn't been bothering you since then
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    I have seen people with 75 % fat 15 protein and 10 carbs the Macro doesn't matter just the caloric number. I take 125 grams fat Most days No biggie
  • kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    Dietary fat is my weight-loss BFF! Having some in every meal helps me feel satisfied, stay full, and feel content with my caloric deficit. My daily fat goal is 40% of my calories from fat and have been loosing 1 to 2 lbs a week for a few months now.