July 4th Inspirational Before and After's!

Options

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    You look pretty in both, but great work w/ the weight loss, big difference :)

Other posters{w/ their b4 &after}, you guys look so great as well.
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Wow all of you that have posted picture look amazing! What a difference a year makes :)

I'm from Canada so we celebrate our country on July 1st, Canada day! I still thought i'd share a year's progress and since it's only 3 days before July 4th :) From last year to this year....

2q80mmq.jpg

2ducwn9.jpg
  • flabwillbefab
    Options
    wow !! this is my favorite thing on here, love love love to see your before and afters!!!! it ssuch a boost to the spirit!!!!you look amazing!!! well done, and thanks for sharing, this is what i needed to not just think of a work-out tonight, but find the will and the wants, to actually do it!! youre all awsome!!!!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    ok no one else? here I go...this is really embarrassing... before is at our family reunion the second weekend in July 2010, and technically the after is from June 30th

ok this is it....
    whatcanyoudoinayear.jpg

Oh my JEBUS you look like a totally different couple!!!
  • healthysmiles
    healthysmiles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    BUMP !!

So much inspiration! Great job !! x
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    bump!! You all have done an amazing job!! I don't have July 4th pictures but I have some I blogged and posted recently. I will go and find them and repost. Keep up the good work people!!! Truly inspiring stuff!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    In October 2004 I had Gastric Bypass surgery (Weight Loss Surgery) October 2004. WLS was the best gift to myself from my wonderful surgeon Dr. Cahill and his wonderful staff. They are still supporting me on my journey.

In the last 3 years I have gained back 80 of almost 300 pounds lost initially after weight loss surgery. I never reached my goal weight of 200 pounds. I still managed to keep off over 65 percent of the weight I lost which is very good and I am very proud of my accomplishments since 2004. It has literally changed my life for the better on all levels. I am here to lose re-gained weight and to reach my initial goal weight. I am in no hurry. I am taking this one day at a time and I am in it for the long haul.

Surgery did not fix the head. It is a good tool and the best gift I have given to myself, but it was not the easy way out as many people think. Once the honeymoon period is over after the WLS it is up to the patient to keep the weight off.

My highest weight was 611 in 2003. Weight in 2004 before surgery was 580. Lowest weight after surgery was 302 in 2007.

My goal for 2010 was to get back on track and I did that. 2010 is the 1st year in 3 years that I did not gain weight.

In 2011 my main goal is to get under 300 pounds. Starting weight with MFP is 388 - March 27,

Below I weighed over 600 pounds
    YOGII-DC2004.jpg

I was about 310 or less in below picture in Feb 2007 and today I weigh 345, so I am trying to get back to 310 and even lower, one day at a time.
    YOGIIAFTERFEB2007.jpg

I still have a ways to go but I will get there one day at a time :) I love reminding myself that I have come a long ways even though I have a ways to go still.

I have 6 and half more months reach my 2011 goal of getting under 300 pounds!

"I May Not Be Where I Want To Be, but Im Not Where I Use To Be!"

MY BLOG link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mollie1037/view/so-i-never-forget-how-far-i-have-come-already-and-my-journey-is-not-over-114918
  • BigAL456
    BigAL456 Posts: 56
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing Results.

aug10-june11.jpg
  • BigAL456
    BigAL456 Posts: 56
    Options
    mypic.jpg
  • hunni70
    hunni70 Posts: 57
    Options
    woweee what an inspriation you all are awsome working out and diet you've all done fabulous well done and congratulations!!!!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Wow! Lots of iinspirational b4 and afters in this thread. To each & every one of you who posted, great job! You all look fabulous! :bigsmile:
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone you all look absolutely AMAZZZZING!! Thanks for sharing your pics...:flowerforyou:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Your legs looks so muscular now!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    In October 2004 I had Gastric Bypass surgery (Weight Loss Surgery) October 2004. WLS was the best gift to myself from my wonderful surgeon Dr. Cahill and his wonderful staff. They are still supporting me on my journey.

In the last 3 years I have gained back 80 of almost 300 pounds lost initially after weight loss surgery. I never reached my goal weight of 200 pounds. I still managed to keep off over 65 percent of the weight I lost which is very good and I am very proud of my accomplishments since 2004. It has literally changed my life for the better on all levels. I am here to lose re-gained weight and to reach my initial goal weight. I am in no hurry. I am taking this one day at a time and I am in it for the long haul.

Surgery did not fix the head. It is a good tool and the best gift I have given to myself, but it was not the easy way out as many people think. Once the honeymoon period is over after the WLS it is up to the patient to keep the weight off.

My highest weight was 611 in 2003. Weight in 2004 before surgery was 580. Lowest weight after surgery was 302 in 2007.

My goal for 2010 was to get back on track and I did that. 2010 is the 1st year in 3 years that I did not gain weight.

In 2011 my main goal is to get under 300 pounds. Starting weight with MFP is 388 - March 27,

Below I weighed over 600 pounds
    YOGII-DC2004.jpg

I was about 310 or less in below picture in Feb 2007 and today I weigh 345, so I am trying to get back to 310 and even lower, one day at a time.
    YOGIIAFTERFEB2007.jpg

I still have a ways to go but I will get there one day at a time :) I love reminding myself that I have come a long ways even though I have a ways to go still.

I have 6 and half more months reach my 2011 goal of getting under 300 pounds!

"I May Not Be Where I Want To Be, but Im Not Where I Use To Be!"

MY BLOG link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mollie1037/view/so-i-never-forget-how-far-i-have-come-already-and-my-journey-is-not-over-114918

Oh, WOW. Just wow. You must be really tall!! You definitely do not look over 300 in that second picture!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Well these are a little old but I love the motivational pic threads so here they are again! Green sweater: ~225 lbs in May of 2010. Blue shirt: ~185 in May 2011. I'm down to 175 now but don't have any new pics to share, unfortunately!

SamApril2011.jpg

I am 5'7 and have been losing weight since late July of last year. Been on MFP for 3 or 4 months now.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Well these are a little old but I love the motivational pic threads so here they are again! Green sweater: ~225 lbs in May of 2010. Blue shirt: ~185 in May 2011. I'm down to 175 now but don't have any new pics to share, unfortunately!

SamApril2011.jpg

I am 5'7 and have been losing weight since late July of last year. Been on MFP for 3 or 4 months now.

You look wonderful! congrats on 50 pounds lost! Keep up the good work!! and yes, I am 5 feet 11 inches tall! Thanks!
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    page-3.jpg

I figured I'd dig mine out and see what the difference was....20lbs...I can see it... :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Bump to post when I get home!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational thread! Everyone looks amazing! Congrats to all of you. :flowerforyou:
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So I've only been on MFP since October 2010, but I decided to do a side by side comparison of a photo of me taken last year on July 4th with one taken recently of me. The difference is insane! Not sure how much I weigh in the first picture, probably around 170-175 lbs. The second picture taken last week I am around 132 lbs.

So let's have everyone post pictures comparing their 2010 July 4th bodies with their 2011 July 4th bodies! A year makes a huge difference! And everyone have an awesome and safe July 4th!

Screenshot2011-07-04at121807AM.png

WOW look at your calves!!!!! you look amamzing all over!!! congrats
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!