What are your goals and what are you doing to reach them?

Options
Hi
I'm fairly new so just curious about everyone's goals on here. For me, I'm 38, 170lbs, my goals are to lose 30#, lower cholesterol, and get in great physical shape.
I'm following a 1300 calorie diet (give or take), and working out to p90x. I'm on day three and soooo sore.
How about you?

Replies

• 28barb205
    28barb205 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im 213, down from220. Im 31 and dont have health problems. Yet. As a nurse I know where im headed. Im always tired and my kids are following in my footsteps. Time for change. Im 5'5 and would like to see 140 in the next year. Long way to go.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    28barb205 wrote: »
    Im 213, down from220. Im 31 and dont have health problems. Yet. As a nurse I know where im headed. Im always tired and my kids are following in my footsteps. Time for change. Im 5'5 and would like to see 140 in the next year. Long way to go.

You can do it! I'm 41 and started at 181, currently at 143 and have 8lbs to my goal of 135. But I'm not worried about hitting my goal weight. Being fit is more important to me. I'm currently doing Strong Curves and am looking forward to getting stronger :) That's my new goal!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am 54. My goal is to lose a total of 112.4 lb, of which I have lost 61. I am doing it by living in a calorie deficit.
    My exercise varies, with 30 minutes of cardio being the most constant feature. Occasionally I'll do some body weight exercises such as squats and pushups. I'm considering spending $30 to get an "Iron Gym" to hang from a door frame for more variety. I've got a kettlebell that I sometimes work with. I've started thinking of running a pseudo 5-K on the local Parks Department bike trail on Saturdays, but that's not likely soon. I also hope some day to have a face.
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 5'6 female around 140 lbs trying to get back down to 125-130 with muscle. I run 3-4 times a week and bike on a daily basis. I'm trying to get better about logging calories and eating better. I was in GREAT shape last year, but I've slipped I since then and I'm working on getting back into it!
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, started at 195, currently 183, goal weight 120. I'm doing a small calorie deficit, cutting way down on carbs in the interim and going for high fiber veggie carbs for when I do eat them, have raised protein and fat goals (protein is hard for me, I'm working on it), and have straight up quit added sugar (I miss fruit and honey, but I'll add those back later) and some other foods that I find make me want to eat more. And I'm not starving all the time! I'm a big proponent of Doing What Works and this works really well for me, when nothing ever did before. As always, YMMV.

It started about losing weight, because I realized I weighed nearly 200 and that was not okay with me; then lab tests showed me I was actually malnourished as well, which is why I was so exhausted walking to the mailbox was torture, and everything hurt. I take some supplements now, obviously. Now I view the goal weight as sort of a by-product to being well nourished and able to move without pain. I'm up to 2000 steps a day and plan to go up soon. As my energy goes up (which after 2 weeks I am floored at how much more I have) I plan to start yoga, and then strength training. I tend to be a little obsessive and go too hard on stuff like this so I have set up a spreadsheet with my longterm goals and some milestones, so I don't just look at the end and fall into despair and quit everything.

The very best thing was when my son (24) said he had seen so much change in me he wanted to know what I was doing.

As usual I've written a novel, sorry to be so long-winded. Nice to see everyone's goals and methods! Good luck to you all!
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and 5'3". I started out at 258.9 back in May and that was the heaviest I've ever been. I started watching what I ate from May until June and lost 4 pounds. I really buckled down and started back up with logging about 11-12 days ago and am down to 248.1 as of this morning :) My goal is eventually 130, but we'll see when it gets closer. I'm not rushing things because a few years ago I pushed myself too hard, lost 30 lbs within 4 months and then ended up in the hospital with pneumonia and almost didn't recover from that (I have asthma so it made it really bad). It took months to recover and even longer before I felt normal again. I didn't gain the weight back right away, more like over the past year due to falling back into old habits.
  • lgregory6540
    lgregory6540 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 started at 234 (January) and am down to 198. Goal of 140, healthy, lighter and stronger.
  • lgregory6540
    lgregory6540 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Forgot the how I'm doing it part. Completely CICO and now that I've lost some and have more energy and amping up the determination will include exercise including cardio and weights.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 (will be 36 on Thursday). I'm 5'7". Started at 195 lbs down to 144 lbs currently. At this point I'm maintaining, but once my older kids go back to school I'd like to work on building some muscle and getting stronger. Just doing maintenance for the summer. I eat LCHF.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Lose 170 pounds and get back on roller coasters! 5'5
    I am down 40.. 50 more until I'm comfortable enough to go back to an amusement park!

i am on a physician guided diet. 1200-1300 calorie max and working out 2-3 days per week. I am very sedentary the rest of the week due to work. I weigh everything and wear a chest strap HR monitor
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i started at 285 and am still every so slowly working towards trying to get under 10% bodyfat.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, 5'7" and weigh 157 pounds. I have been doing this for a little over a week. My goal is to lose belly fat so that I can wear a bikini on my 50th birthday next Spring. I'd like to be back around 130 pounds but I'll settle for 135. DH is taking me to Hawaii. for my birthday I am hoping to be in good enough shape to be able to hike Diamond Head and Kilauea.

To achieve those goals I joined MFP & am faithfully logging. I have cut out soda & drastically reduced my alcohol consumption. I am learning more about portion control. I joined a gym & intend to do cardio 3 days per week plus some strength training the other days.
  • DRRich1970
    DRRich1970 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, 5'2 3/4" and weigh 191 pounds. I have been trying for two weeks to drop weight and am down to 191. My goal is to get down to 125 lbs. and I'd like to do it by Christmas. I'll settle for no more than 135 lbs. provided I've built some great muscles. :smiley: I'm logging in faithfully now and have joined Weight Watchers Online.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • suzilla53
    suzilla53 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Im 5 ' tall, started at 191 in March,down to 158 today.I walk for exercise 3 miles a day. I follow 1200 calories a day and eat half my exercise calories.Get a scale, weigh everything, log everything and the plan will work!
  • AussiePeach
    AussiePeach Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My goals are to get to and maintain at 75kg; to halve my body fat percentage; and to fit into an Australian size 10-12 (US 6-8).

To get there, I'm trying to keep to a 500c daily deficit (averaged across the week); walking four to five times a week; doing calisthenics two to three times a week; and keeping going regardless of low moods, moments of low motivation, or life issues.