Love vegetables but hungry 2 hrs later.

Options
I love all kinds of veggies and don't require any fancy recipes. I just enjoy the actual flavor of them. However, they don't keep satisfied. In as little as 2 hours after my meal I'm hungry again. Does anyone have any suggestions to help?

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Are you just eating veggies without anything else? I find having my veggies with a handful of nuts, cheese, or some lean meat makes a more filling meal/snack.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Eat more than just veggies...veggies are great...I eat about 8 servings of fruit and veg daily...but they hardly make for a balanced diet...if that's all you're eating, you're seriously lacking in nutrition elsewhere.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes, veg is great for bulking out meals but shouldn't be all you're eating. Protein is especially important to fill you up and reduce hunger. Fat is also good for this (doesn't take much to make you more satisfied), and I find whole grains very valuable to keep me going.

So a salad is good, for example, but add dressing, meat/eggs/tofu and some whole grain croutons and it'll keep you going much longer. If you don't like dressing, add some nuts for fat (and also for texture, the more interesting your food is the more satisfying you will find it).
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Definately make sure you're getting fat and protien, preferably with the veggies. I love veggies too but found they're not satisfying when eaten alone which was why I had problems losing weight as eventually I would binge. I also think pairing them with a healthy fat allows you to better absorb certain fat soluable nutrients.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Try adding some avocado for fat/bulk!
    Or a good olive oil drizzle
  • jmolivia
    jmolivia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's okay to eat veggies every two hours :)
  • JuicerLab
    JuicerLab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Its natural. Try to take some healthy food every two hours.Its important for your body.
  • ah20061962
    ah20061962 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone for the advice. I'll try your suggestions.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »
    Are you just eating veggies without anything else? I find having my veggies with a handful of nuts, cheese, or some lean meat makes a more filling meal/snack.

This

Add nuts or tuna or chicken or tofu or cottage cheese or eggs!
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Nuts are good to keep you feeling full, lots of good fat.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    JuicerLab wrote: »
    Its natural. Try to take some healthy food every two hours.Its important for your body.

Some people certainly do well eating small frequent meals. For me it only serves to leave me never feeling quite satiated. I prefer 2-3 larger meals with no snacking. It really makes no difference to your body. Well, actually there do seem to be some health benefits to going longer in between meals rather than constant grazing (read up on intermittent fasting), but for weight loss it makes no difference.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Get a big plate full of broccoli and cauliflower. Arrange on a baking tray and drizzle with lemon. Spray on some olive oil spray and sprinkle parmesan, pepper and garlic powder over the top and bake til crunchy. Dip into whatever sauce you like, i use Ranch. This is low calorie and filling and takes the place of chips for me. I usually use 500-700g of broccoli and cauliflower, asparagus also works.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    A raw carrot and some strong cheddar makes a fabulous snack. Or celery and peanut butter.