What exercise program are you doing? Any Jazzercise people out there?

Options
MeQM
MeQM Posts: 3 Member
Hi, I'm just curious to know if any of you here doing Jazzecise? If not what program are you doing & how do you like it? I've been jazzercing since for over 5 years & love it. It helps keeping me healthy, maintaining my weights, & making ke happy too :-)

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hiking and yoga
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Running (after a 1 week hiatus due to hip bursitis) and resistance training
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The Jazzercise in the city closed, they are all out in the suburbs now but I used to do that and LOVE it. So much fun and it did work to keep me fit and thin. The classes and instructors are always top notch, the dancing is just complicated enough to keep my attention but not to the point I gotta think about it, the music variety is great.

Now I do jogging and yoga (yoga studio is close to me) so have more muscle mass, a little more weight and size and strength.
  • julialavergne
    julialavergne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome, good for you! I love Zumba and bike riding (:
  • MeQM
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    The Jazzercise in the city closed, they are all out in the suburbs now but I used to do that and LOVE it. So much fun and it did work to keep me fit and thin. The classes and instructors are always top notch, the dancing is just complicated enough to keep my attention but not to the point I gotta think about it, the music variety is great.

Now I do jogging and yoga (yoga studio is close to me) so have more muscle mass, a little more weight and size and strength.
    I'm so sorry you can't do Jazzercise any more, but I'm glad you enjoy jogging & yoga too. Any workout program is awesome, as long as we stay active!
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I hike, kayak, run, lift. I did jazzercise years ago, it was fun, and a good overall workout.
  • MeQM
    Options
    It's sti
    eileen0515 wrote: »
    I hike, kayak, run, lift. I did jazzercise years ago, it was fun, and a good overall workout.

lt's a great workout and even better now. Maybe you can come back?
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy it, keep doing it..may add something slowly on other days..the jazzercise in Augusta, Ga is one of the best...it is new jazzercise like you said
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    There was a time I did Jazzercise and was addicted! When I moved it wasn't offered in free standing facilities like it was in So Cal. It's more in community centers here and the schedules aren't as varied. There are offered on Classpass so maybe I will check one out again and see if I've still got it! Lol. Now I do a little bit of everything, kettlebell, hiking, cycle, circuit. Still classes primarily because I love group exercise. Actually on my way to pilates tonight.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Picking up heavy things and putting them down. Currently doing Strong Curves and love it.

Other occasional workouts: kickboxing, jump rope, walking, cycling.
  • gillis1118
    gillis1118 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am going to my first Aqua Fit Class this morning....
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Walking
    Strong Curves (on week 5 of Best Butt Bodyweight/when I can get to the gym I do the lifting program Bootyful Beginnings)
    IdealShape Up Challenge (on week 5)
    X-TrainFit at Home 90 Day program (today is day 3/this is my second time doing it)
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Zumba videos from Youtube.
  • AndreaWatkins2015
    AndreaWatkins2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Currently doing Beachbody's Body Beast Lean rotation plus rowing machine and Kettlebells.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I hated Jazzercise. I've done just about everything, though....

Right now I take weight classes 3 mornings a week, and I also spin three times a week. I have an Equinox membership.
  • RDMcGinty
    RDMcGinty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do jazzercise. Do you wear fitbit to see what your steps are? Also wondering if you eat the calories that you gain from doing the exercise? I love the classes.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I use Biggest Loser Power Sculpt's warm-up [my mom uses this dvd, might as well use it], then various exercises based around whichever part of the body I'm working out [upper/lower/yoga/core]. Afterwards I do the Power Sculpt's cooldown exercises.

I use the exercises here with my resistance bands and exercise ball:
    http://www.blackmountainproducts.com/exercises/

I don't have an ab wheel or a stretch band, so I don't do those. As for which resistance band I use, if I could do 3 sets of 20 with that resistance band, the weight goes up to the next strength level [4-6-12-20-30-34-36...(etc)...75].
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I hike and rotate through various Jillian Michaels DVDs; right now I am going through my second round of Bodyshred. I love her and I have seen some amazing results from doing her DVDs!

I've also completed Insanity, Insanity Max 30 and T25. Saw some great results from these as well. They are just too focused on cardio and I want to tone up more and need to do more strength training which are included in Jillian's DVDs.
  • lorileabbackman1
    lorileabbackman1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I miss Jazzercise! I was in classes 5-6 days a week before I was married with kids about 20 years ago. Three kids (inc. twins) and being on my rear for so long, I want to start again! Just got Jazzercise on Demand and did a 40-min class today - LOVE it! Glad to see it's still alive.