Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Mentali wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Frankly...

wheneveryonetsposting-about-pokemon-go-but-you-cant-relate-cuz-youre-3046626.png

A grown up life with no room for fun is just a pretty sucky life! No shame if your idea of fun isn't Pokemon though...just like there's no shame for people who do find it fun ;)

My normal lunchtime walking path has 4 Pokestops and a gym on it. I spent half the day at work watching the gym change teams before I got out there to challenge it myself...and I held it for 10 minutes before it switched back to Team Instinct. Ah well! Pokestops are a little spread out for me but I'm enjoying it. Caught a Dratini today :)

Oh, I have plenty of fun...probably more fun than your average grown up...

And on the subject of fun...

200_s.gif
  • TripLight
    TripLight Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will be as soon as my new phone arrives. I work in a large warehouse and two of my co-workers already caught some down the aisles, go figure lol.
  • sk11mra
    sk11mra Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's not even realised in the UK yet and so many people are playing, not had any server problems, only have to reboot the app every so often as it freezes, but there was an update yesterday that hopefully fixed that. To the few folk who say' I'm a grown up, not 10, don't have time etc'. Well that's just not true, I've met a huge range of people out catching Pokemon. Nerdy gamers are no longer trapped inside and people who wouldn't think of themselves as games are enjoying it too. I run my own business and so this motivates me to walk to the post office instead of taking the car, thus is a fitness aid, which essentially is what we are all striving for, else we wouldn't be on this forum!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Youtuber Diggy Buttmuncher shares her experience... https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=701222070029617&id=166791616806001
  • qpmomma1
    qpmomma1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Yes Fit virtual races to motivate me to walk more. Using Pokemon Go really helps the miles go by quickly.
  • qpmomma1
    Options
    I sort of do, but if I'm out walking, it's for exercise, which I track with MapMyWalk. Pokemon Go messes with MMW for some reason. Thankfully I only got screwed out of a half mile before I realized it. If I can't run them both at the same time, I'm only catching what I can sitting on my behind at work or home, or taking the dog out. 5-7 miles per day is enough walking for me.

Aww, really? I have Map My Fitness and I can run them both at the same time.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I sort of do, but if I'm out walking, it's for exercise, which I track with MapMyWalk. Pokemon Go messes with MMW for some reason. Thankfully I only got screwed out of a half mile before I realized it. If I can't run them both at the same time, I'm only catching what I can sitting on my behind at work or home, or taking the dog out. 5-7 miles per day is enough walking for me.

Oh I didn't notice this but I have the same issue! I just look at the icon in the corner of the screen and restart it if it stops (it will usually stop once during a 2-4 mile walk in my experience). It's super annoying - it messed with Pandora too which also displeased me!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    qpmomma1 wrote: »

Aww, really? I have Map My Fitness and I can run them both at the same time.

I'll try it again when I'm not so pressed for time. I was super annoyed and had to get to work after so I just said "f it" at that point.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    Mentali wrote: »

Oh I didn't notice this but I have the same issue! I just look at the icon in the corner of the screen and restart it if it stops (it will usually stop once during a 2-4 mile walk in my experience). It's super annoying - it messed with Pandora too which also displeased me!

The problem is if I'm going for speed, I can't be taking my phone out of my pocket all the time to check it. The pace is determined by steps rather than actual distance/time (God knows why) so I have to keep it in my pocket as much as possible.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I don't play Pokemon Go, but I've been playing Ingress (similar game on which Pokemon Go is based) for 4 years now.

I much prefer Ingress, because not only does it force you to get out and walk, but part of the game involves visiting "portals" which are generally located at statues, parks, churches, public buildings, and other public art. It's a great way to discover things in a city that you never would have discovered otherwise.

I work on a university campus, and discovered many things right here (where I've worked for over a decade) that I never knew existed.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    I don't play Pokemon Go, but I've been playing Ingress (similar game on which Pokemon Go is based) for 4 years now.

I much prefer Ingress, because not only does it force you to get out and walk, but part of the game involves visiting "portals" which are generally located at statues, parks, churches, public buildings, and other public art. It's a great way to discover things in a city that you never would have discovered otherwise.

I work on a university campus, and discovered many things right here (where I've worked for over a decade) that I never knew existed.

It's actually made by the same company.
  • 4rtistry
    4rtistry Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I'm fairly sure Niantic just used their Ingress portal locations to create the Pokestops. Unfortunately, I can't get too much use out of either because I live in a fairly rural area and I have to drive to get to stops/portals. Kind of dampens the purpose.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options

Wherever there is a portal on Ingress, there is a pokestop on Pokemon Go. So you get the same deal.
  • qpmomma1
    Options

They imported the exact same sites from Ingress, actually.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I play Ingress and my son plays Pokemon, so we play together. We went to a state park yesterday where there were 20 portals and all of those were pokestops and a gym, so other than being over 100 degrees outside and sweating our buns off, we had fun walking the trails.