Do you lie to your food diary?

Options
124»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    When I first started, no. I might have been a poor logger but I never lied.

Now I do all the time. I suck.

Well it's out there now so you're good right?! lol

Fffffff. Does that mean I have to log the half cracker I stole from my roommates side of the cabinet? I don't wanna.
  • arditarose
    Options
    lmao I just read over the replies and wasn't expecting mine to be the only "yes".
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    No. As others have said, you'd only be lying to yourself, and denying yourself potentially useful information later. "Why has my weightloss stalled?!?!?!" Might have been those cookies that you've completely forgotten about, because you refused to log them every time you ate them.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    No but the food diary may be lying to me lol. Sometimes when I scan something, MFP calculations are off than what the actual nutrition count says.
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Fffffff. Does that mean I have to log the half cracker I stole from my roommates side of the cabinet? I don't wanna.

That's exactly what it means dearest :)
  • arditarose
    Options

That's exactly what it means dearest :)

Eh.
  • friendlygirl316
    friendlygirl316 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes because don't measure when I go on binges nor parties. In fact I haven't been keeping track in a long time.
  • Dejahvu04
    Dejahvu04 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The other day I had a special dessert, a green tea macaron ice cream sandwich. Because I couldn't find it here on MFP I didn't log it lol
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not a psychopath. :-)
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Dejahvu04 wrote: »
    The other day I had a special dessert, a green tea macaron ice cream sandwich. Because I couldn't find it here on MFP I didn't log it lol

You could always look up the macaron and ice cream separately and log your best guess. It's not going to be perfect but it's better to log calories and macro/micronutrients that are closer to what you had than to log nothing.
  • reinventingjessica11
    reinventingjessica11 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I definitely was guilty of this a few years ago when I tried to lose weight for the zillionth time. I quickly learned that I was only cheating myself by doing this. Now I log everything that I eat. Even if it's less than a serving.
  • katherengomez76
    katherengomez76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did a year ago and then realized why even bother with the app if I'm not being honest. Now that I restarted and I have friends that hold me accountable and can see my diary it makes me more motivated :-) I wish I had more challenges though