Breakfast ideas that dont involve fruit?

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I had turkey, roasted carrots, beets, and cauliflower, plus some cherries this morning. So you could have that without the cherries.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    toast with PB, eggs and bacon, cereal and milk, oatmeal. There are tons of options. I don't think I've ever actually eaten fruit for breakfast to be honest.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Any food you want. Eat more vegetables instead of fruits.

typical breakfasts for me- Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, cottage cheese, banana bread

• xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    My weekday breakfast: 1/3 cup of almonds and some coffee.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Anything you want. There's no law about what constitutes breakfast food. Have a sandwich. Have a bowl of pasta if that floats your boat. My only recommendation is to ignore the spammers trying to sell you overpriced junk.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Really?
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Have you tried all of the fruits? I ask b/c there are some fruits I despise, but others I quite enjoy. If I had only experienced the first category, I might conclude that I don't like fruit, period.

If you have tried all or most of the fruits, then I'm curious from a purely scientific standpoint what it is they all have in common that you don't like.
  • JKI19
    JKI19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bear steaks roasted in moose fat.
  • erinhaig9
    erinhaig9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Egg whites and sweet potato. I have hotsauce with it. Super yummy. You can are the sweet potato in advance so your portion it out for the week. Omelette with veggies is also pretty tasty.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Kate8059 wrote: »
    Any suggestions?
    I know I should eat more fruit but its just at the bottom of my list of favorite things

Why should you have fruit for breakfast? What do you eat now?

Some mornings I make French toast. Other times its eggs and pancakes. Bacon is always awesome. If I'm in a hurry, then a protein powder smoothie or a chunk of cheese. Occasionally, I'll make a sandwich. Just depends on my mood.

If you want to try adding some fruit, then oatmeal with almonds and berries or applesauce is nice, and I find the fruit sweetens it so I don't feel like adding sugar.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    If you don't like eating it, try making a smoothie and drinking it
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My breakfast this morning:
    Bacon cheeseburger casserole
    Bacon wrapped jalapeño popper
    Bacon and avocado muffin.

There isn't a fruit in my house, let alone any of my meals.
  • hollyvalli
    hollyvalli Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bacon today
    Usually it's something from Applegate farms like 3 of the patties
    and of course coffee
  • OneLiver
    OneLiver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Trying to cut my sugar intact but having trouble do that with breakfast w/o being unhealthy. So far these are my go-to options: Whole grain toast, coffee, egg whites with hot sauce, scrambled eggs with veggies, Siggi's yogurt, low-sodium V-8
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, coffee, grits, breakfast potatoes, and a side of toast. I'd wash it all down with a Bloody Mary, but tomatoes are technically a fruit so go with straight vodka.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Usually I have eggs and oatmeal, but on occasion will have waffles and eggs, or take ground turkey and mix it in with some scrambled eggs, salmon cakes, or I'll put some bananas in my oatmeal.
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There is no need to focus on just breakfast "type" foods. Eat what you want for your breakfast. Want pizza? Fit it in. Want a chicken burger? Fit it in.
  • brewcrew101
    brewcrew101 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, roasted brussel sprouts with bacon, and greek yogurt (Chobani is EXCELLENT!).
  • Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Eggs and bacon? Steak and eggs? BLT sandwich?