Is there a pedometer / activity tracker app that ISN'T a complete battery suck?

Options
Is there a MFP approved pedometer / activity tracker app that doesn't kill your cell phone battery life?

Replies

• clbortiz
    clbortiz Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper while also using the 10k trainer app and have never had an issue with my battery.
  • StuDuza
    StuDuza Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use Pacer. Its compatible with MFP and its not too bad on the battery.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    I wear a Garmin Fenix 3, and get plenty of battery life out of it and my cell phone. :smile:
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    my garmin vivofit 2 runs on a watch battery (no charging!!!!) and I see no difference in my battery performance using the app.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have a VivoSmart HR [daily step tracking] Forerunner 220 [for running], and a Edge 520 [for cycling]. Neither one of those three suck my battery dry. They all wirelessly sync with Garmin Connect which pushed to Strava, MyFitnessPal, and Training Peaks,
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Garmin, Garmin, and Garmin. If I don't use the built in GPS, mine goes about 8 or 9 days before needing a charge.
  • MarkR_2013
    MarkR_2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    StuDuza wrote: »
    I use Pacer. Its compatible with MFP and its not too bad on the battery.

I'm trying Pacer, but I'm concerned with accuracy. I'm having trouble getting it closer than 10%-11% of my mechanical pedometer (Accusplit AE120XL). The catch is the Accusplit has a JW200 certification (98% accurate), while the Pacer has no certification.

Is there an app that allows me to manually alter the steps per day?

• megsi886
    megsi886 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    On android, I'm just using Google Fit now. No noticeable battery life issues from it. I like that it auto detects my bike rides.