Looking for fellow hikers

timeforme23
timeforme23 Posts: 461
edited 9:42AM in Fitness and Exercise
I recently got back into hiking, and every week im able push myself further. I LOVE it! Im also really looking forward to start back packing. I live in southern California, so I do need to drive a bit to hit some decent trails, and dont have many friends who share my interest, which is why im looking for fellow enthusiasts here! Would love to get to know some fellow hikers from wherever! Feel free to add, just leave a message so I know why :-)

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    You already know me! How are the new boots so far?
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    You already know me! How are the new boots so far?

Lol LOVING them :-)
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    I love to hike. I am lucky enough to work for a park district in Ohio. As a naturalist, it is my job to hike the trails and learn about everything (plants, animals, rocks, etc) along my path. I LOVE it! I especially love leading groups on longer hikes! My longest has been 12 miles.
  • perceptualobfuscator
    perceptualobfuscator Posts: 159 Member
    I was just thinking of making a post like this. I'm from Canada, and training to do the West Coast Trail. I'd love to meet some fellow hikers!!
  • We used to hike in San Bernardino Mountains up by Big Bear. Is it raining at the beach right now. Desert is having a MAJOR RAIN and THUNDER storm!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I'm getting into trail running now, and love it even more than hiking.

When I run, the mosquitoes can't catch me. :wink:
  • I love hiking! I just got back from a camping trip where we got in a few hikes up in the alpine. I live in BC. Any hikers feel free to friend me.
    Happy hiking!
  • I am just getting back into hiking as well. It is sooo much easier to hike and keep up with others now that I am carrying less fat around :ohwell:

Me and my husband are planning our first backpacking trip next weekend for our anniversarry!! Something we were going to do for a honeymoon but havent got around to it yet, two years later we are finally getting around to it!!

We live in Montana and will be going to Idaho in search of some really cool looking hot springs!!

Add me if you like, we can discuss our adventures in nature!!
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    I love hiking and mountain biking!!! I live in Oakland County Michigan if anyone nearby likes these things!! Also...lots of dog walking!!!
  • clhiter
    clhiter Posts: 74
    We used to hike in San Bernardino Mountains up by Big Bear. Is it raining at the beach right now. Desert is having a MAJOR RAIN and THUNDER storm!!!!

trail running is great..i am wanting to shift more to that, but close by trails in japan are hard to find.
  • midwesthiker
    midwesthiker Posts: 144
    My husband and I love to hike. We live in MN, not many places around here that are vertical - all flat hiking :) We travel to National and State parks around the country. So far my favorite hike was the Narrows in Zion National park. Hiking in a slot canyon up and down a river was awesome! A close second was a hike at Glacier National Park to see Grinnell Glacier.
  • perceptualobfuscator
    perceptualobfuscator Posts: 159 Member
    My husband and I love to hike. We live in MN, not many places around here that are vertical - all flat hiking :) We travel to National and State parks around the country. So far my favorite hike was the Narrows in Zion National park. Hiking in a slot canyon up and down a river was awesome! A close second was a hike at Glacier National Park to see Grinnell Glacier.

I can sympathize - I'm from Saskatchewan. It's very flat here, too, unless you make it to Cypress Hills or pretty far up North.
This discussion has been closed.