Feelin' fatter than before I started

Options
So today I didn't work out - was to tired and sore - didn't do that good this weekend with my food/beverage consumption - and I'm just feelin' larger than when I started... I refuse to step on the scale too because if I did gain - that will make me extremly depressed which will cause me to eat and eat lots.... hoping tomorrow I wake up and feel a bit better and make better choices... Gotta do that "U-Turn" thing!

Replies

• happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i definitely feel ya. i've lost 25 pounds and my clothes are noticably bigger on me, some dont even fit at all. but even so i feel just as large as when i started some days (and now i'm in a healthy 22-23 bmi range) . for me taking a day of eating only vegetables and water (no oils or sodium) and i'm brand new the next day, letting my insides clean out i think helps.
    good luck.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I posted this in an earlier forum.

Being mad at yourself won't do anything to correct yesterday. There is only one thing that can correct yesterday and that is nothing. Today is a new day. When midnight comes, I have a whole new 1790 calories on my home page. A whole new 24 hours to make good choices. Yesterday never happened for me. When I step on a scale after a night of debauchery, it's like the first day of my weight loss journey. I changed my ticker to pounds to go because I'd rather look to the future than rest on my laurels. I've lost over 40 pounds, big deal, I have 104 pounds yet to lose. The 44 pounds I've lost aren't as important to me as the 104 pounds I haven't lost yet.
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Chances are you're feeling bloated from all the water you are retaining from starting a new difficult routine. Drink lots of water, take it slow, work into your new lifestyle and you'll start feeling the benefits.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! Thought I was losing my mind..we have to hang in there.
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I hope you took measurements. It really helps to compare to when you started when you get frustrated that the scale isnt moving. It saved my butt a few days ago.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    you can do it. sometimes just going for a walk around the block may help you get over that "feeling larger than when i started" feeling, or just walking around inside your house if you cant go out for whatever reason. take a walk and go through every room in your house several times burn calories and you will have acomplished getting rid of that feeling. you may add me for if you like
  • spelham15
    spelham15 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Water! Water! Water! This was a rough weekend for us all, I'm sure. Just remember, tomorrow is a new day and you can do it!

If you need the numbers to instead, remember that there are 3,500 calories in one pound. Since your tracker shows you've lost 4 pounds (congratulations!), you would have had to eat 14,000 extra calories this weekend to gain those back...that would be a hard feat.

Keep up the good work! :)
  • kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    Go, Paul! I like your way of thinking. Soooo positive.
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. It's only one day!!!
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I haven't been making very good choices the past few days since so I'm not feeling smaller - won't get on the scale yet either - but like most said - tomorrow is a new day - I'm gonna keep on tryin and staying on this site - its a GREAT support system!