How many calories?

Options
How am I supposed to know how many calories I burn when I'm cleaning out the garage?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You can't. You don't have to know.
    My opinion of exercise like this is it is a one time deal. I'd consider it a bonus.
  • nancygilliam520
    nancygilliam520 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    But when I go to log my exercise it says the calorie count is required. I could just plug in a number but I have no idea how accurate I would be. It's 104 degrees here this afternoon. I would be tempted to say I burned (and sweated) 1000 calories. :)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    But when I go to log my exercise it says the calorie count is required. I could just plug in a number but I have no idea how accurate I would be. It's 104 degrees here this afternoon. I would be tempted to say I burned (and sweated) 1000 calories. :)

You can put 1 calorie in. Or you can put more.

Keep in mind sweat isn't a reliable indicator. You sweat more in hot temperatures but it has little effect on calorie burn.

You don't say how long your did it for but 1000 is a whole lot of effort.
  • nancygilliam520
    nancygilliam520 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It was only 15 minutes. I was being silly about the 1000 calories. I guess I won't worry about it and just put it as 1, it will skew my numbers but may show up as a pleasant surprise later.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    It was only 15 minutes. I was being silly about the 1000 calories. I guess I won't worry about it and just put it as 1, it will skew my numbers but may show up as a pleasant surprise later.

For 15 minutes you're probably looking at 50 calories.