How to pass time on the treadmill

Options

Replies

• KRocka1981
    KRocka1981 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I listen to audio books. This is something new I started a month or so ago, but I love it! I've read several books this way.
  • spells1977
    spells1977 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I listen to Jillian Michael's podcast. However I find the show really funny so I must look a complete loon running and laughing to myself :smile:
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Podcasts! Comedy podcasts, specifically. I have some I only let myself listen to while I exercise, so I find myself adding more walking/running time than I intended to finish episodes.
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas - thanks for contributing. FYI - I don't run - knees wouldn't allow it if I wanted to. I hoping to increase my walking speed and extend my time but I need some distractions. There are several here to choose from.
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I also do the Music/Netflix thing.

But I mainly just do a bunch of different stuff on it rather than just run... I don't actually like running, lol. Like doing intervals of walking/jogging/running, doing lunges on low speed, lifting 3-5lb weights while walking on low, switching up the incline randomly (with or without hand weights), and sometimes the dog hops on to walk with me (no joke, he loves it!) lol. Otherwise I just go outside or do another cardio activity like bike riding/kayaking/hiking/softball/zumba/etc. :):)

My dog would like to join me but hasn't gotten brave enough yet. She just barks at me and tries to nip the machine.
  • mcart15
    mcart15 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I watch "The Office" on Netflix.
  • Mirodrig89
    Mirodrig89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    netflix
    audible.com

Hahaha me too!!! Even while on the machines. .. so bad lol
  • lisabennani
    lisabennani Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Do intervals. For example... Walk for 5 mins. Speed walk next 5 mins. Raise incline for 5 mins. Then run for 5 mins. Repeat it 3x or more.
  • alaine5377
    alaine5377 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I watch tv normally. I don't sit and watch tv so it's the only time I can finish something
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I rarely use a treadmill (only if I'm stuck in a hotel and it's raining) but I'd start with the same things I do when running/walking - audio books and podcasts. Sometimes I alternate between audio books and music, as I get bored listening to music the whole time.
    If I HAD to use a treadmill more often (ugh), I'd watch movies or TV series (Youtube has lots of good stuff for free).
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Tablet + Netflix. Sometimes YouTube. Rarely, a book.
  • NonnaTurtle
    NonnaTurtle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I watch the biggest loser....have seen all 17 seasons of the US version and now on season 3 of Australian version. all while either on my bike or on the treadmill. My thing is IF THEY CAN DO IT, SO CAN I. I just keep going. Really really helps

I never thought to do this. What a great idea!
  • thinsnice
    thinsnice Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I read the entire Bible. Felt great to not only be exercising for my physical health, but learning at the same time for my spiritual growth. Doing two healthy things at the same time!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    IHeartRadio and some meditative thinking...
  • soontobeslim87
    soontobeslim87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love TV catch up aps its the one time I can catch up on what I want to watch and it means I don't keep looking at the timer on the treadmill. Before I know it I've been on for 30 minutes!
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I generally do the elliptical rather than treadmill, but I listen to podcasts most of the time as it keeps my mind off of what I'm doing. I'd love to watch netflix as that would work even better for me, but I need to be on wifi for that because of data limits.
  • Candy0928
    Candy0928 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I watch Hulu, Law & Order. It's a tradeoff...watching TV while working out instead of while eating.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Netlfix or Pandora electronic cardio radio
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I can't watch tv or movies whilst on the treadmill, so I slap on my iPod and listen to some jamz, get a rhythm going and make the world go away
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I go outside. :smile: