Just some stuff that I learned...

Options
This is just some random things that I have learned recently that have come in handy or migh come in handy for some others:

-Never skip a meal. You should actually eat more. About every four to six hours, but just meals about the size of a deck of cards. It will boost your metabolism if the meal is healthy.

-You should make sure that you don't eat at least three hours before you go to bed. If you go to sleep right after you eat then the calories just sit in your stomach and have no where to go, therfore turning into fat. Eating three hours before you sleep allows all of your food to digest and speeds your metabolism.

-Going to bed at a reasonable time and waking up earier consistantly also speeds up your metabolism.

-If you are hungry and you feel like you have already eaten too much for your allowence, then tea is a good substitute for food. It's good for you, helps your digestive system, and fills you up.

-Gum can help fight food cravings.

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the times =]. People often try and say eating late then sleeping makes no difference, but it really does!
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Great information thanks for shaing it.
  • Mrs_Hewi
    Mrs_Hewi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great tips, thanks for sharing!
    I am someone who learnt tea is a good cravings substitute, and by the time i finish the cup i am full and have avoided eating, YAY! lol
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing all of this information. It may help me a lot since I am struggling so!!!!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with the cut off time for eating - the food isn't just going to sit there then magically turn into fat. It will be digested and the body will use it for whatever it needs it for (probably breathing and keeping my heart beating amongst other stuff).
    I'm sure this is one of those dieting myths that gets passed on and on and on and on.....
  • saltorian
    saltorian Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I agree with Rubybelle. I'm not sure if the cutoff for eating is actually true. I wish you'd included the sources for some of this information as well, but thanks for posting it. Your tip about tea is good.

One more question, though. You don't really mean to keep the entire meal about the size of a deck of cards, right? I mean, you're probably talking about portion-sizing for meat, I think.
  • meridithkindred
    Options
    Great info! Simply. common sense. to the point. Gotta love it :)
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Sources?
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I agree with Rubybelle. I'm not sure if the cutoff for eating is actually true. I wish you'd included the sources for some of this information as well, but thanks for posting it. Your tip about tea is good.

One more question, though. You don't really mean to keep the entire meal about the size of a deck of cards, right? I mean, you're probably talking about portion-sizing for meat, I think.

I agree with both of these. I definitely don't think the "cut-off time" is true - it has a lot to do with your metabolism, when you last exercised, what it is that you eat before you are sleeping, etc.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Yeah, digestion is an automated process. Eating and then going right to sleep, or eating and sitting on the couch for 3 hours before going to sleep will have the exact same effect on your body. Your digestion doesn't automatically stop because you're sleeping. And your body doesn't suddenly stop needing fuel just because you're sleeping.