Couch To 5K - Started June 6th, Join Still Please!

Options

Replies

• jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    I just finished w3d3 also.

I'm very nervous about the jogging do. In one of the off days I did a couple of 5 minute jogs...they weren't fast...but made it through. Good luck starting week 4. I think we'll need it!! :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I just finished w3d3 also.

I'm very nervous about the jogging do. In one of the off days I did a couple of 5 minute jogs...they weren't fast...but made it through. Good luck starting week 4. I think we'll need it!! :)

Just realized it's week 5 I'm starting with the 5 minute jog...I'll have to plan this when the energy levels are high
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I started June 6th, as well! Tomorrow's w5d1 for me.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    Sunday, W3D3 completed...

moving on to W4...90 secs walking and 5 minutes jogging...I'm a little worried
    Honestly, I thought it would be worse than it was. If you can do 3 minutes, you can do 5. You got this..don't worry!
  • endopride
    endopride Posts: 19
    Options
    just completed wk4d1 today, i thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but honestly it went like a breeze!!! my speed isn't all that great though, i jog at 5.0mph, and walk at 3.8mph.:flowerforyou:
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Did wk4 d1 my knees are killing me!!!:( Just finished a round of prednosone and am on mobic for about 2 wks. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jezzi4ever
    Options
    just completed wk4d1 today, i thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but honestly it went like a breeze!!! my speed isn't all that great though, i jog at 5.0mph, and walk at 3.8mph.:flowerforyou:

I agree. Not bad. Now I need to work on my speed... Any suggestions? I'm thinking about picking op the pace the last 30 secs of each jogging session. Then lengthening that each week. Not sure if that will be enough??
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    THIS WEEKS TOPIC: food. What are your favorite foods?
  • elijackson
    elijackson Posts: 48
    Options
    This is a great program! I'm taking more than a week to do each of the C25K training weeks, but I'm going to get there. I put the Exertime App on my Droid phone, turn on Pandora, and off I go. And I am so NOT a runner.

Count me in!
  • ShannonBurdick
    Options
    Hello everyone! I got off track for the past week (stupid work getting in the way of my gym time) but Im heading off to the gym now to see where I am at. Good luck to everyone and have a great day!
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    I hope it's not too late to join, I just started C25K today and it was awesome! Sure I was sweaty and almost completely winded by the time it was over, but it was worth it! I got to about 2.5 miles in roughly 30min (Noom was being testy this morning with my playlist.)

I can't wait for my next run day (Thursday)!!

See you all at the finish line! ;)
  • rhodesar
    rhodesar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    On W5D2.....and loving it! Can I join?
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    bump.
  • niclan724
    niclan724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just finished W4D2 and I love it! Has anyone skipped their off days? I really feel like I want to run everyday...
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Just finished W7D1 :) doing much better than I thought I would.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Just finished W4D2 and I love it! Has anyone skipped their off days? I really feel like I want to run everyday...

I do lol Some weeks I will do an extra day cuz I'm loving it so much :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, rest day
    Tuesday, W4,D1 of C25K
    Wednesday, 35 min elliptical, 15 min dog walking

Thoughts: Fool, don't run in 90 degrees weather...Crazy border collie is OBSESSED with chasing cars

Tomorrow: W4, D2 of C25K
  • jezzi4ever
    Options

Yes! That is me. I am about a week ahead of the actual timeline, but I know I won't be moving through as quickly for the rest of the training. Halfway there! I also look forward to my runs, and I'm getting kind of anxious that I can't go today!!
  • pearlsgonewild
    pearlsgonewild Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I did week 5, day 2 last night. 8 minutes is a long time! The next run is 20 minutes and that's got me a little scared.
  • fridayjustleft04
    Options
    I did week 5, day 2 last night. 8 minutes is a long time! The next run is 20 minutes and that's got me a little scared.
    I did w5d2 last night as well. Hard, but I made it through. I have d3 tonight because the track is closed on Fridays..I'll admit I'm slightly hesitant about 20 minutes, but it's all mental now. As long as we keep our feet moving, we're doing just fine.