Thoughts on moderate weight loss

Options
Right now I am taking a very moderate approach to losing weight. My body naturally burns off 1500 calories per day just by being alive. I am currently consuming 1300 calories per day and I eat lunch and dinner. 200 of those calories come from a drink and the rest comes from food. Most of my caloric deficit comes from exercise. At this rate it will take me quite a long time to lose weight. If I ate less, I would lose weight faster. But, why make myself as miserable as possible? Also I have been setting the slope at 5% instead of 7% because my feet hurt at 7%. It is true that I would lose weight faster if I set the incline to 7%, but again, why should I make myself as miserable as possible?

I am not in a hurry to lose weight. There is no deadline. With that said, I do want to lose some weight before my birthday of August 9 because I do not want to have to worry about my weight on my birthday. My reasoning is that as long as my weight is below 100 lb, no one will call me fat but I must admit that sometimes I worry that people around me are thinking that I am fat and laughing at me.

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    How exactly is your BMR 1500 and your weight less than 100 lbs? Are you 7 feet tall?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Koldnomore wrote: »
    How exactly is your BMR 1500 and your weight less than 100 lbs? Are you 7 feet tall?

Probably confusing BMR with TDEE.

That said OP, I doubt anyone would think your fat if you weigh just over 100 lbs.