Asking MFP To Not Subtract Exercise

Options
TroyAlbert
TroyAlbert Posts: 5 Member
Any idea in MFP how to add exercise but not have it subtract calories from my Daily? I want to track it so it's visible, but I want exercise to be a bonus, not be calculated in my Daily needs. Currently when I add exercise it subtracts the workout from my net allowed Calories.

I personally like to turn this off because my BMR burns just under a 100 calories if I do nothing, so the extra that comes with the 1 hour workout I like to use a buffer in case macros are over exaggerated on a label etc since they are approx.

Anyone know how to do this?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The only way to do this is to purchase Premium. But if you're following MFP's goals, you're expected to eat at least a portion of those calories back.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Log your workout as 1 calorie.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I couldn't put in zero calories but I put in 1 calorie for my cardio session and it took it. That might work for you.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I just ignore the "remaining" calories.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ That's usually what I do
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I log all my exercises as 1 calorie. I only eat back some of my calories if I'm out hiking or biking for more than 2 or 3 hours.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    1 calorie! That's perfect. I've been trying to figure this out too. I want to log my exercise for statistics purposes for myself but not have the calories added back in. Thanks, OP, for asking that question!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I delete whatever MFP calculates and enter 1. At this time my focus is on macros as much or more than calories so entering 1 calorie burned doesn't change the macros. Works great.