Low cal alcoholic drinks?

Marss86
Marss86 Posts: 33 Member
Any suggestions for low calorie alcoholic beverages? Vodka tonic ?

I know alcohol is not the best to be consuming when you are trying to lose weight, but sometimes you gotta have a drink or two !

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    12 ounces of tonic have about 120 calories, so I'd recommend diet tonic if you're counting calories (then the only calories in the drink will be from the vodka). Alcohol like rum or vodka mixed with diet soda is also an option. Wine is another popular choice for calorie counters.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Wine. Previously red. Now white. Or prosecco or champagne. Fit it into your calories and you are GTG!
  • angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Vodka with any diet soda or club soda (which is 0 cals). 1.5oz of vodka is a little over 100 cals. Also...a serving of wine will usually get you to 120-140 calories so that's not all that bad as an option, either.
  • lukep2394
    lukep2394 Posts: 1 Member
    Replace the tonic with soda water. Squeeze a lime in there. Your best bet if you're out!
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    vodka on the rocks and Captain Morgan (the clear one) are like 60 cals or somewhere around there.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    vodka, water, and extra lemon!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Sugary mixes are a bigger calorie issue than the actual booze a lot of the time - most hard alcohol is between 60-80 calories/oz. Liqueurs are higher as they tend to be syrupy, so avoiding those is a good idea if you're trying to keep calories low, but you can pretty much have vodka, rum, whiskey, gin, tequila, etc. according to preference if you have it straight up or with a zero-cal mixer like diet soda or soda water. It's those cocktails with juice, highballs with regular soda, and fruity blended drinks that are a real calorie bomb.

Some lighter beers are under 150 calories a bottle, so that's an option if you like them, but can add up quickly. Wines are in that range for a standard pour as well.

I like dry sparkling wines or scotch if I'm just having a couple drinks, and both are pretty low-calorie. I also sometimes make wine spritzers with flavoured Perrier to lighten it up a bit. And if I'm really out to party, I stick to vodka water with lime, which is kind of the classic "get drunk not fat" option.
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 135 Member
    Somehow Malibu rum has 50 cals per ounce, where most other rums have 100. So it's always Malibu and diet coke for me when I'm at a bar. If I'm buying it myself from a store, diet dr pepper is much yummier. Hate coke but all bars have it.
  • itislizard146
    itislizard146 Posts: 7 Member
    vodka, water, and extra lemon!

Yasss! I do vodka water and limesssss
    It really is good. Has no flavor and you hydrate and dehydrate at the same time. Win win.

My 2cents In regards to drinking -
    "You can't be skinny just to be boring"
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Vodka creamsicle with just a little water is totally awesome
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    (Or a lot of water depending how strong you want it
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    edited July 2016
    If I'm out somewhere with blacklights, I'll get a vodka and diet tonic because tonic/diet tonic water glows under blacklight. lol. Sometimes it makes a conversation piece for people who have never seen it before. :smiley: