Do you ever skip meals?

Options
So I went out to breakfast this morning and ate more than I should have. Now, it is almost I dinner time and I am only about 150 calories short of my goal. I feel like I could easily skip dinner and feel just fine and stay within my calorie allotment but part of me thinks I should sit down with the wife and kids and have at least a small meal with the family. What should I do?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    On Saturdays, my husband likes to make a huge breakfast and I am not hungry till dinner. Nothing wrong with skipping a meal once in a while.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yeah, dinner when I'm not hungry and don't need to eat (low blood sugar).
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I did today..I think I'm just gonna be short on cals today..this is a rare thing for me, but it happens sometimes.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    I would either just sit with them and not eat, or have a 150 calorie snack while they ate. I don't usually skip meals, but in those types of situations I will. No need to eat if you aren't hungry and 150 under your goal is reasonable.
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    If I'm truly satiated for the day or if it's the middle of the day and I'm hungry I'll giving eating a miss. No matter what eating plan I'm engaged in, listening to my body is my go to.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Not usually. I slept late and skipped breakfast today for the first time in a long time. I still pre-logged my day. I eat all my calories every day.
    If you are not hungry you could skip dinner one day. There are foods you could eat for 150 calories though. Have a salad. Munch some vegetables. Eat an egg. Have some fruit.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lots of people who do a 16:8 intermittent fast just eat 2 meals a day...like at 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., for example. It's personal preference.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    All the time. My personal preference is a small meal during the day, dinner then a late sweet supper. I have however found that a protien bar with a coffee for breakfast works really well so I have been doing the above breakfast, small lunch, large dinner and sweet supper for the past few months, but never worry if I miss a meal.

Have a snack or nothing, just join the family at the table.

Cheers, h.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It's pretty rare for me to skip a meal. If I overeat one day, I do. So what, that's life. I'm still losing, so a day here or there doesn't matter much. I don't lose weight that particular day, big whup.

This "big whup" philosophy will have to be adjusted when I'm done losing, I know, but for now I just don't care. I'm not going hungry to meet some goal.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I almost never eat breakfast, so technically I would be skipping meals pretty much every day. Doesn't matter if you eat one meal or six. Eat your calories divvied up in such a matter that it keeps you satisfied. That's what matters.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My first meal is usually after 2 pm each day. So yeah, I skip the traditional breakfast time every day.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast and lunch and eat a large dinner 5-6 days a week and have for almost 2 years. Works for me.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with skipping meals. I don't usually do it, but if I have a special event planned, like lunch out with friends, I will often skip the following meal. Or I will skip lunch if I know I have a food-laden event that evening.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I do, depending. Sometimes I'm too busy and can't eat breakfast, or sometimes I just don't feel hungry until 11 am. Nothing wrong with skipping meals if you truly don't want to eat. I can always make up the calories later in the day, anyway.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast at least 5 days a week - only reason I eat it on the weekends is that it's usually a family thing to have breakfast together.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yes...

Often on the weekend we will go out to brunch mid morning...it's usually rather substantial so lunch isn't really necessary...I'm usually good until dinner.

Also, if I know I'm going out to lunch or something and I know it's going to be big, I'll just skip breakfast or have something very small.

It's all about controlling your calories.
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Yeah if I go to the harvester for continental breakfast it fills me up till dinner in the evening so won't have lunch .the same with pizza hut buffet if I have it at lunch I am full the rest of the day