SW 244
    CW 183
    GW 155
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Just updating now that I've surpassed my original goal of 140 and am working towards 130 :) . Great job my fellow taller ladies!

Amazing results! What are your stats please? What was you key to success? Thx.
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    MamaFunky wrote: »
    I'm 5'8" (42 yrs old) and my starting weight was 155. I have been maintaining around 140 fairly easily for over 2 years now. My before pic is not that good. I have never been good at taking selfies. :smiley:

0byuzdd3umpb.jpg

4fnrpm9v8se6.jpg

3zhasmf0tazu.jpg

You look AMAZING!
  • carmelamadeleine
    carmelamadeleine Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! Ya'll look amazing! Glad to came across this thread. I'm stuck between 153-156 lbs.
    5'9" here and felt and looked best at 135 lbs. Trying my best to at least go below 150 this next couple of weeks... I used to do treadmill every other day but my sciatica worsens.

Cutting down rice and carbs now (been eating rice 3x a day) and more fiber and protein.

Thank you ladies for the inspiration!

Ht: 5'9."
    SW: 154.8 lbs
    CW 153 lbs
    GW 135 lbs
  • leecha2014
    Options
    5'9" ladies. Can you please share (or pm me) your daily calories for losing? Success tips? I'm at 181 for months can't break into the 170s and I'm imagining I still want to get to 150? Getting impatient. What is your target and what is your net? How much are you exercising? Need help please
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Love this post. Very inspiring. I'm 5'9" and was able to get my weight down to 153 5 yrs ago. Sadly last year I gained all of my weight back plus some after going through some very stressful life changes. I now have a starting weight of 213.4. Was 204.2 at my weigh in last week and will be weighing in again today. GW is 155 but after viewing this post I might just change that to 145. Keep up the awesome work ladies.

Great job on 10 pounds lost!
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    5'9" ladies. Can you please share (or pm me) your daily calories for losing? Success tips? I'm at 181 for months can't break into the 170s and I'm imagining I still want to get to 150? Getting impatient. What is your target and what is your net? How much are you exercising? Need help please

I set mine to 1200 calories. I exercise about 4-5 times a week. I wish I could say it melts off, but it has been terribly slow. I have had to work really really hard with high intensity to see any drop on the scale. Most women do not seem to be this way. I am currently breastfeeding so that may have something to do with it. I usually eat my workout calories too. Unless I am super motivated to see a scale budge. I have to be careful with that stuff though because I don't want to lose my milk supply.

What are you currently at?
  • xelmax
    xelmax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Another thank you - I'm 154 now, started at 196 with a goal of 140, your pictures make me believe it's possible! (I'm in the UK, so weirdly for me the mental barrier is 154 (11st) not 150, just to prove it is more in your head than on the scales)

I'm in the UK too and I agree with this! I'm nowhere near the 11st mark yet (13.5lbs to go) I went down to 11st quite a few years ago and really want to get to below that this time. It is really difficult getting my head round breaking that barrier!

• dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Just updating now that I've surpassed my original goal of 140 and am working towards 130 :) . Great job my fellow taller ladies!

ti2ne7h8chdz.jpg

You look great! And so much taller in the second picture.
  • kenziedriscoll
    kenziedriscoll Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Hi. I am 5'9" and I started on 5/26/16. I have lost 17.6 pounds since. My SW was 205 and CW is 187. Goal is 155-160ish-ish-ish.

I have been on 1530 cals a day (actually once I hit the 17lbs lost it dropped to 1510) but have been steadily losing since I began 7 weeks ago. I usually eat back if not all, most of my exercise calories. I work at a desk so I'm usually sitting, however, I started taking the stairs every single day no matter what floor I'm on and not the elevator. I walk during my lunch hour (after I eat) and I also jog/walk fast when I get home from work for a good 30-40 mins Until it's time to pick my son up from daycare and then I walk to get him. I net anywhere from 1430-1450.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    chermom wrote: »
    l5081n4jetyo.jpg
    v0crmtwygspv.jpg
    Top photo 155 lbs. bottom photo 128 lbs. I am 5'8"

You look great at 1-2-8! Well done! Also you carried 155 pretty well, I'd look so dumpy at that weight.
  • leecha2014
    edited July 2016
    Options
    stelloian wrote: »

I set mine to 1200 calories. I exercise about 4-5 times a week. I wish I could say it melts off, but it has been terribly slow. I have had to work really really hard with high intensity to see any drop on the scale. Most women do not seem to be this way. I am currently breastfeeding so that may have something to do with it. I usually eat my workout calories too. Unless I am super motivated to see a scale budge. I have to be careful with that stuff though because I don't want to lose my milk supply.

I'm netting about 1600-1700 per day on the weekly average. I guess the problem is right there. I'm amazed when I read about people losing on 1800 a day? I need to figure out the daily calories that will generate weight loss for me. During the week I'm probably at 1400-1500 per day but my weekends are too excessive. Hmmmmm. Answering my own problems! I guess my struggle is that mfp sets my daily goal at 1200 which seems way too low. Thx for the advice :) your loss since May is awesome!!
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    stelloian wrote: »

I'm netting about 1600-1700 per day on the weekly average. I guess the problem is right there. I'm amazed when I read about people losing on 1800 a day? I need to figure out the daily calories that will generate weight loss for me. During the week I'm probably at 1400-1500 per day but my weekends are too excessive. Hmmmmm. Answering my own problems! I guess my struggle is that mfp sets my daily goal at 1200 which seems way too low.
    Agree, 1200 is way too low, even for somebody who doesn't work out at all. I'd starve myself at 1200 :smile: Now that I think about it, I've actually started my weight loss eating only 1200 net. I've lost a few pounds and after 2-3 weeks my weight loss stopped. I increased the amount of calories and I started losing weight again :smile:
    I'm 5'9", 170lbs, and I never go below 1700. I sometimes go way above, when I don't feel like dieting that day lol but usually it's around 1800. But I also work out 5 times a week (strength training and running). And almost 20lbs lost since the end of March :smile:
  • chermom
    chermom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    robininfl wrote: »
    chermom wrote: »
    l5081n4jetyo.jpg
    v0crmtwygspv.jpg
    Top photo 155 lbs. bottom photo 128 lbs. I am 5'8"

You look great at 1-2-8! Well done! Also you carried 155 pretty well, I'd look so dumpy at that weight.

Thank you. You look great yourself! I, like you, want to keep fit and healthy as I age :-)
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    xelmax wrote: »

I'm in the UK too and I agree with this! I'm nowhere near the 11st mark yet (13.5lbs to go) I went down to 11st quite a few years ago and really want to get to below that this time. It is really difficult getting my head round breaking that barrier!

Congratulations on getting under 12st!
    I got below 11st too but went back up. Getting under 13 and then under 12 seemed like huge milestones. Maybe we should do like the Americans and Celebrate every 10 instead of every 14lbs! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!