How do you reward yourself

Options
Hi All
I just wanted to see how every rewards themselves for staying on a diet plan or even just recording every day?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Clothing shopping!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    By weighing myself and seeing my weight go down. That's enough of a reward for me haha

Yup. Staying in range (I'm maintaining) while leasurely walking and playing and eating all the food I like in the right portions, makes me feel good, and I don't need to tell myself I'm a good girl :D
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I have had to get new clothes - such a hardship. I cant believe I am into skinny pants. I need smaller bras. Watching the numbers go down though is truly the best psychological reward for me
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Other than seeing the numbers go down (inches and pounds)
    I have fitness goals that keep me motivated as well

I try to reward myself every 10lbs or so. I have a list of things I can choose from (not food related) such as taking a "spa" bath, buying a new book, getting a massage, manicure, pedicure, facial, etc. Some goals get the "bigger" rewards (such as spending money on a massage) and some get smaller rewards.
    I haven't consistently rewarded myself because I didn't feel like it or haven't gotten around to it. But I know I will earn a reward if I keep going which is motivating itself
  • leslienicole318
    leslienicole318 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I lose my first 10 pounds my mom (I'm 18) is gonna get me some cute new nikes! I love nikes for just wearing everyday, a nice break from sandals. I already have my pair picked out and I look at them online every now and then to stay motivated! 7.4 pounds to go :smiley: not sure what I'll get for my second 10 pounds but I'd rather reward my myself with things like this than food. Also losing weight is a great reward too lol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,041 Member
    Options
    The results are my reward.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Stupid phone screwing up posts
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I just wanted to see how every rewards themselves for staying on a diet plan or even just recording every day?

I reward myself by just being. :)
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I haven't really thought about rewards this time around.
    Probably because I'm not goal focused - not on the scale number anyway. I don't have any particular goal weight in mind, and don't have any rewards planned when I weigh less.

I know everyone is different and has different motivations, but for me, the key has been not to make a big production of losing weight, not to view it as a "journey" with a start point and an end point, not to see it as a temporary state of being that I will stop one day.
    I've just set out to make sustainable changes that will work towards me getting, and staying, healthier.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    So yes I do reward myself after all by giving myself the best life possible.

That... That right there stopped my breath.

Thank you for that whole post. It made such a great start to my day!
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I touch myself.

...in all seriousness, when I'm feeling lean (which I am today), ALL I seem to do is feel bits of myself. Like my sides, which I can get my hand around finally. Or my ribcage. Or I'll lay down and poke my hip bones. It's incredibly rewarding to find all of these hard bits of my body that used to be cushioned in fat.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Two frothy and extremely tasty imperial pints of Guinness on Friday night. That's my reward just for having to deal with people all week. Lol.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I do not reward behavior that should be the norm.

Yep, should not have to reward normal behavior. IMO, one of the problems with the US today, no just diet, but in general.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I fully comprehend that 40 g, or less, of prunes and a couple of fiber supplement gummies are a pale substitute for the desserts my mother prepared in my childhood. However, if I get to the end of the day and have stayed on my plan, my last 115 calories are reserved for the sweet flavors of my 'dessert'. Mentally, you need something of a reward for the work and will that has been exercised.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

Yep, should not have to reward normal behavior. IMO, one of the problems with the US today, no just diet, but in general.

While I agree with this to an extent - is there really anything that bad about rewarding yourself for staying on track? A lot of us are here because we have formed bad habits with food, and if rewarding ourselves helps us break that habit it is a good thing in my eyes.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    kazminchu wrote: »
    Packerjohn wrote: »

While I agree with this to an extent - is there really anything that bad about rewarding yourself for staying on track? A lot of us are here because we have formed bad habits with food, and if rewarding ourselves helps us break that habit it is a good thing in my eyes.

Improving one's health and feeling better physically, potentially being able to live longer with a better quality of life, i.e. giving yourself the best life possible as someone posted above, isn't enough?
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've lost 52lbs so far. I didn't reward myself for the first 45 or so, but these last 10lbs are proving so stubborn I've started using little rewards as an extra motivator.

For example, this is my 147lbs reward (I'm currently at 148):
    tcz6j8ekc98q.jpg

I usually reward myself with clothes, makeup or books :smile: