Living slim

Options
I have decided that I am going to start living and acting as if I am already slim - to change my mindset and be happier in myself (still doing MFP of course eating like a slim person) and using my mantras I have made a little list for myself: does anyone have anything else to add? or any tips?

Live slim:
Mantras -
• Food does NOT control me
• Live, Love and Lose weight
• I am slim and healthy
• Been there, done that
Enjoy being active and exercise
MFP
Healthy eating
Control binges – learn from them to help me.
Cook and enjoy food
Take pride in appearance
Smile and relax
Keep home and affairs in control
Embrace hobbies
Water!

Replies

• sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    love all of that!:)
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love this. :flowerforyou:
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    fabulous!
  • kettlenic
    kettlenic Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    join in make a list :)

My mind is what prevents me from being who I want to be! I need to realise that I will no longer let my fat and food control me!

If I think slim and act slim surely I will eventually be slim??

Would a slim person eat a whole tub of ice cream or a whole pizza ?? Most likely not so neither will I

Hoping I can trick myself :)
  • fevs
    fevs Posts: 3
    Options
    Good thinking Nics, i am sure you will persuade yourself into thinking that you are slimmer than you are, you know you can do it!
  • fevs
    fevs Posts: 3
    Options
    Embracing hobbies?? great idea, i am so lazy at the moment, it's much easier to just sit and watch TV instead of doing something useful. i did try some scrap-booking last month!
  • kettlenic
    Options
    Thanks - I have also become lazy and think if I have a hobby I am less likely to snack plus I will be using calories..
  • HadraPriestess
    HadraPriestess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have created a gym-ette in my garage and have put motivational sayings on the walls to remind me of why I started this...and what I want from working so hard at fitness. The few words that keep me centered are "REINVENT YOURSELF".
    i really am seeing this as just that...so your "been there, done that" really hit home for me. Doing things differently give DIFFERENT results, right?!
    Living slim is a great concept...thanks for sharing!
  • kettlenic
    Options
    Ooh I like that!

Today i felt like something sweet but thought - been there, done that

and it worked I do not need to do it again!