Just starting out

Options
tevez032
tevez032 Posts: 47 Member
Hi all,

Just a quick hello to say that this week I am starting out on (hopefully) losing some weight and getting fitter.
I do have a plan to try and stick to the calories laid out on this website and also to begin the 'couch to 5k' program.

Maybe the biggest hurdle could be giving up the booze. I have always drunk pretty heavily from aged 17-18 (now 36), but would like to tee-total from now on if possible. Lets just say I experienced an epiphany a week or two ago that has made me determined to quit it...

I could need a little support lol.

tev

Replies

• Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your jurney! Its all about moderation, you can do it!!! Dont fear - its not that you have to have nothing to drink - but only having one will go a long way to helping your weight loss goals. I like a glass on wine, it just means working out to cover the calories. You can do this and we are here to help!
  • Bel811
    Bel811 Posts: 38
    Options
    Good luck.... I had to give up wine... Well reduce intake. It does get easier...

If you wish to add me for support, please feel free to do so.
  • DanniR88xx
    DanniR88xx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!

I've recently joined this website after being on Slimming World! I've also taken up running too so feel free to add for support :)
  • FiFiLeeBonBon
    Options
    Hi...all the best on this journey to healthy living. Wine is fine but just try to keep it to a low, treat yourself to a glass occasionally if your calories allow at the end of the day. Just try other things to break the habbit of turning to the wine. I found it the hardest to give up, chocolate no problem but wine.....different story!!! I now spend my time keeping busy rather than sitting in front of the TV with my glass of wine which turns into 2 or 3. I dont miss it at all and my weight reduced dramatically after cutting it out and my moods got better. Stick with it and we are here to help.:smile:
  • tevez032
    tevez032 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great; thanks for all the support so far!