Blood tests

Options
Went for some blood tests, the kidney test came back as "borderline" and needs to be redone. Can anyone shed any light on what might be wrong with me?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Which kidney test in particular?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No details. Are you overweight? Do you have other medical problems? Are you drinking 6 protein shakes a day no water? At least open your diary.
    What is your daily protein intake and water intake.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Borderline what? Surely if there was a problem, your doctor would have addressed it or referred you to someone who could. If not, you should call back to clarify.
  • callumwalker1995
    callumwalker1995 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I suffer with depression and great anxiety and IBS. I drink about 5-6 litres of water a day and train 2.5 hours a day 6x a week. I'm 146 pounds 5 ft 9 . It's a recent problem as I had tests done in January and they were all fine.

• callumwalker1995
    Options
    Borderline what? Surely if there was a problem, your doctor would have addressed it or referred you to someone who could. If not, you should call back to clarify.

I don't know they didn't clarify so it can't be that urgent?!
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    No details. Are you overweight? Do you have other medical problems? Are you drinking 6 protein shakes a day no water? At least open your diary.
    What is your daily protein intake and water intake.

Daily protein intake of 210g as recommended by my PT
  • MelaniaTrump
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You're not drinking 8 to 10 scoops of whey protein a day, are you? I could guess all day without looking at your food log.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Excessive protein is hard on the kidneys, but so many different things could be wrong or not wrong. You should ask your doctor.

What did the doctor say?
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    You better keep guessing then. I have 15g whey protein post workout and that's it.

The dictor hasn't said anything she just scheduled another blood test

• Zipp237
    Options
    You better keep guessing then. I have 15g whey protein post workout and that's it.

The dictor hasn't said anything she just scheduled another blood test
    210 or 15? It doesn't really matter, but you've listed two different amounts now.

Guessing won't help you. You want to know what is up with you and we cannot tell you that. When you get free medical advice online, you get what you pay for.
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    I have 210g of protein per day of which 15g is whey
  • MelaniaTrump
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Print out your food log. Along with a weeks worth of daily protein intakes. Show it to your doctor.
    (not sure if your would, if your diary is closed to the public, but worth a try).
    I would never eat 210+ protein daily. I don't think I even could.

My diary is open. I got tremendous amount of help. Nothing to hide.
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    Print out your food log. Along with a weeks worth of daily protein intakes. Show it to your doctor.
    (not sure if your would, if your diary is closed to the public, but worth a try).

How do you even 'open' your food log?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options

You change your privacy settings.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Do you have some obsessive behaviours related to your anxiety? What is your BMI?
  • callumwalker1995
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

You change your privacy settings.
    Done
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

I don't know they didn't clarify so it can't be that urgent?!

Exactly. So, if they scheduled another test, wait for the test and see what they say. There's nothing you can do about your possible kidney condition that you aren't even sure what it is.
  • Zipp237
    Options
    I have 210g of protein per day of which 15g is whey
    210 is excessive, but that doesn't mean it's your problem. There is no possible way for us to tell you what your problem is, open or closed diary. You have to ask your doctor.