58 lbs down - Diabetic Success

Options
melisha0214
melisha0214 Posts: 43 Member
I have battled with my weight my entire adolescent and adult life. I had no confidence whatsoever. This made me turn to even more food... all of the time. I snacked all day every day! Last summer, I started watching what I ate (sometimes). I lost about 20 lbs. It wasn't until April of this year, I went for my physical and was informed I was diabetic! My random glucose testing was 323 and my A1c was 12.1! For those of you that don't know, that is literally slow-acting suicide. It scared me to DEATH! For the past 3 months, I have worked so hard to eat right and exercise. I didn't feel like I looked any different, but knew it meant something that my pants were literally falling off of me. I was wearing size 14, but now am in a size 8! I went for my 3-month check up and my A1c went down to 5.4! I still have a long of ways to go, but This is proof if you put your mind to it, you can do anything! Don't give up!!!!

P.S. Sorry for the pink scribbles. I was showing a little too much lol

v7kieerk0yl0.png

Replies

• 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    good going, that's great!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    In threr months!!!!!???? You are rocking this! Great job! You are adding years to your life! Looking great!
  • spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    awesome work!!!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go! That's wonderful progress. Not just with your weight but your health. :-)
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wait! One more thing. What helped you be sooooo sucessful!? Routine, diet, ect. Because this is awesome!
  • Bee_Le
    Bee_Le Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That's some fast progress! Great job! Keep doing whatever is working for you.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Great work
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well done....nothing like getting your health back!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's amazing work!! Congratulations on your success in getting that AC1 number down :)
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wow very inspirational. I'm type 2 last a1c 11.8 also on insulin. I'm down 28 so far. You did very very well.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Can I ask did you do much exercise to help you with your weight loss? :)
  • melisha0214
    Options
    JeffreyOC wrote: »
    Incredible! Can I ask did you do much exercise to help you with your weight loss? :)

Thank you everyone! Jeffrey I did about 45 min a day 3-4 days / week via a lot of hiking.
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! !! Thank you for sharing that with us. Keep it up!!!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on getting your A1C down that is amazing difference in such a short timeframe. I just received the results of my bloodwork and my A1C is down to 5.4 also. My starting number was 10 last april.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Way to go!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know how it feels. I reversed my diabetes last year through diet and running. Getting off Metformin is the best thing about my health journey.
  • melisha0214
    Options
    I am so excited too! I felt like my diagnosis was a death sentence at first, but not anymore!
  • anggoc
    anggoc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good for you !
  • Nurseneedstolose
    Nurseneedstolose Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Last A1c 6.5 I have ditched carbs except fresh fruits at a minimum amount and vegetables excluding potatoes except maybe once every week or two. Hoping I can get my A1C down to 5.4 when I have my draw done in October. I also need to lose about a 100lbs so hoping to lose a little weight as well. Well done ladies you are truly a inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!