Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

58 lbs down - Diabetic Success

I have battled with my weight my entire adolescent and adult life. I had no confidence whatsoever. This made me turn to even more food... all of the time. I snacked all day every day! Last summer, I started watching what I ate (sometimes). I lost about 20 lbs. It wasn't until April of this year, I went for my physical and was informed I was diabetic! My random glucose testing was 323 and my A1c was 12.1! For those of you that don't know, that is literally slow-acting suicide. It scared me to DEATH! For the past 3 months, I have worked so hard to eat right and exercise. I didn't feel like I looked any different, but knew it meant something that my pants were literally falling off of me. I was wearing size 14, but now am in a size 8! I went for my 3-month check up and my A1c went down to 5.4! I still have a long of ways to go, but This is proof if you put your mind to it, you can do anything! Don't give up!!!!

P.S. Sorry for the pink scribbles. I was showing a little too much lol

v7kieerk0yl0.png

Replies

• 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    good going, that's great!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    In threr months!!!!!???? You are rocking this! Great job! You are adding years to your life! Looking great!
  • spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    awesome work!!!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Wow, way to go! That's wonderful progress. Not just with your weight but your health. :-)
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Wait! One more thing. What helped you be sooooo sucessful!? Routine, diet, ect. Because this is awesome!
  • Bee_Le
    Bee_Le Posts: 48 Member
    That's some fast progress! Great job! Keep doing whatever is working for you.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Great work
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    Well done....nothing like getting your health back!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    That's amazing work!! Congratulations on your success in getting that AC1 number down :)
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Wow very inspirational. I'm type 2 last a1c 11.8 also on insulin. I'm down 28 so far. You did very very well.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Incredible! Can I ask did you do much exercise to help you with your weight loss? :)
  • Glitterdone82
    Glitterdone82 Posts: 43 Member
    JeffreyOC wrote: »
    Incredible! Can I ask did you do much exercise to help you with your weight loss? :)

Thank you everyone! Jeffrey I did about 45 min a day 3-4 days / week via a lot of hiking.
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Very inspirational! !! Thank you for sharing that with us. Keep it up!!!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    That is awesome! Congrats on getting your A1C down that is amazing difference in such a short timeframe. I just received the results of my bloodwork and my A1C is down to 5.4 also. My starting number was 10 last april.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Fantastic!! Way to go!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Congratulations! I know how it feels. I reversed my diabetes last year through diet and running. Getting off Metformin is the best thing about my health journey.
  • Glitterdone82
    Glitterdone82 Posts: 43 Member
    I am so excited too! I felt like my diagnosis was a death sentence at first, but not anymore!
  • anggoc
    anggoc Posts: 25 Member
    Good for you !
  • Nurseneedstolose
    Nurseneedstolose Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2016
    Last A1c 6.5 I have ditched carbs except fresh fruits at a minimum amount and vegetables excluding potatoes except maybe once every week or two. Hoping I can get my A1C down to 5.4 when I have my draw done in October. I also need to lose about a 100lbs so hoping to lose a little weight as well. Well done ladies you are truly a inspiration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!