Diet Pills?

Options
12346»

Replies

• whit37k
    whit37k Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @CindyS858 I was just curious if you ever got those samples after all and what happened with them after all the debate. Can we get an update?
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    You came to the wrong place for diet pill suggestions. You likely will not find the answer you are hoping for on this site.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    tracefan wrote: »
    Please don't take this the wrong way.. but from your photo you look young and I don't believe you should go and get diet pills. They don't work because even if you felt less hungry.. once you are off you won't eat right. Learning to eat healthy and having patience is the best advice. Diet pills can be dangerous.
    So I'm thinking about going to the doctor and seeing what they can prescribe me for diet pills. I plan on eating right and everything, but I would like a boost. Any suggestions?

Totally agree with your post about the diet pills. They're nothing but a crutch. You can't look at this as a diet, diets don't work they suck you're miserable you're giving up things that you enjoy. For this to work this has to become a lifestyle change. You have to educate yourself about food the consequences of eating certain things and also had to eat.

If you approach it as a lifestyle change you'll succeed if you approach it as a diet will eventually fail and go back to your old ways
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Phentermine
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Make healthy lifestyle changes as a permanent thing and stick to them, log your food and stay honest to yourself, and you won't need to take any drugs.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Kategrn wrote: »
    Wow what a judgement all group. A little encouragement could go a long way.
    LOL!

Encouragement for taking diet pills in a place where everyone works hard for their weight loss?
    You've got to be kidding, right?

Okay, I'll try, I guess.
    Go and spend as much money as you want on products that don't do anything or cause you to poop and pee every 10 minutes.
    Err.. nope.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Taking Phentermine was a horrific experience for me, there is NO way i would encourage anyone to take that crap, ever!!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    marjathome wrote: »
    It is hard to talk about diet pills anywhere because there is so much judgement about them. You're weak, you're stupid, you're lazy. So, instead of being able to gather and talk about results, or lack of, or side effects, or lack of, discussion gets shut down, and people are shamed into secrecy. No, telling someone they are stupid and fat and weak is not a great motivator. And hey, maybe if they were able to gather and talk about it, they would decide for themselves that diet pills weren't right for them. Belviq is an appetite suppressant, and while it doesn't work for all users, it has had some good results. It doesn't melt off fat, it just helps with appetite. Appetite is a funny thing, and sometimes because of underlying conditions or medication it's not always something you can Hard Work and Willpower away. Also, nice attitude towards people with eating disorders, and yeah, a lot of times overeating is symptom of an eating disorder just like any other. For the record, I am not being paid to encourage diet pills, beviq or any other. I don't think they are magic or that everyone should take them. I think people should talk to their doctors if they are interested, and that they should be allowed to discuss them without being shamed or shut down.

No one called anyone on this thread stupid, fat, weak or lazy.

If you asked me what the best way to have enough money for retirement was...and said you were in email contact with a Nigerian Prince who promised to get you a half a million if you gave him some money first, I would tell you to save your money. I would tell you to regularly invest your money in a 401k or an IRA choosing low cost index funds and spreading your money between stocks and bonds based on how much risk you could take. If you told me saving money was hard, that you'd be trying it for years with no success, I would agree. It's not easy. If people posted and said "think positive! maybe that Nigerian Prince will come through!" I would call them unhelpful. If you said I was mean for telling you you should save your money instead of handing it over to the Nigerian Prince, I would tell you I'm not being mean by suggesting he is a scam artist and that it won't result in money for you.

This is awesome! Seriously.

Support doesn't mean mindless cheerleading.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    The only diet pill that works is eating clen.
  • shoofly435
    shoofly435 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It all depends. It's always better to avoid drugs, but some people have eating disorders such as binge eating or compulsive eating, for which the FDA approved a type of amphetamine in the category of Adderall. Also Topimax is prescribed. For some people it's not a matter of will power - it's a brain chemistry issue. I don't think the science is very well understood at this point. I'm just saying for the FDA to approve an amphetamine for long term use is pretty radical but again some people can go through therapy the whole thing and still can't get a grip without medication.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Wrong, but better than harsh meds, I guess. :|
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I have a feeling you missed the joke.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Tren hard?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

I have a feeling you missed the joke.

I guess. I'm not familiar.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    shoofly435 wrote: »
    It all depends. It's always better to avoid drugs, but some people have eating disorders such as binge eating or compulsive eating, for which the FDA approved a type of amphetamine in the category of Adderall. Also Topimax is prescribed. For some people it's not a matter of will power - it's a brain chemistry issue. I don't think the science is very well understood at this point. I'm just saying for the FDA to approve an amphetamine for long term use is pretty radical but again some people can go through therapy the whole thing and still can't get a grip without medication.

adderall is also for ADD/ADHD
  • shoofly435
    shoofly435 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Right. The name of the FDA approved drug for compulsive over eating or binge eating disorder is called Vyvanse which is usually prescribed for ADD/ADHD. It's similar to Adderall in that it's some kind of amphetamine combo.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    shoofly435 wrote: »
    Right. The name of the FDA approved drug for compulsive over eating or binge eating disorder is called Vyvanse which is usually prescribed for ADD/ADHD. It's similar to Adderall in that it's some kind of amphetamine combo.

yeah it is. my nephew took adderall for his ADD.they can kill an appetite though which for some may not be a good thing either. not sure how it works on those that binge eat or what have you.