If you could have given the younger you advice...

Options

Replies

• errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Listen to your brother, he's right, all those girls are into you. Go away to art school. Have more fun. Relax about girls. Learn how calories and macros work, it's not about eating clean.
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Don't settle.. You think you can't do better ... But oh you can!
  • thegirlinbldg8
    thegirlinbldg8 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'd tell my younger self to keep an eye on her weight and not gain anymore.
    I'd tell her to be more trusting and open up more. To reach out and try to maintain contact. Making friends is harder to do the older you get.
    Stop being so scared. Its better to have tried, even if you fail you know it rather then wondering what-if. Those whatifs will taunt you.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Start saving in your TSP when you are 19 and in the Air Force..

Darcy is a waste of your time and energy.. she will always be an alcoholic

When you start your E-com company save 10% of your income for the future...

Get in shape when you are young and stay that way.. doing it at close to 40 is exponentially harder.
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My advice would have been:

"Girl don't eat that garbage... It's going straight to your booty"

x 100,000,000
  • lisawilkes20
    lisawilkes20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    To be more assertive, less shy & enjoy doing sport, try running as yiu like it 30 yrs on!
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Take more risks. I especially wish I had taken a year off college, gone to Lesotho, and worked in a TB clinic. I still plan to do that, or something like it, but it's going to be a heck of a lot more complicated now that I have a child.
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just join the swim team already. Don't quit volleyball and push back from the table missy!
  • giammussoandrea
    giammussoandrea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Never start smoking.Stay focused on school.Set lots of goals.Don't worry about boys right now,there will be plenty of time for that later.STAY AWAY FROM THE WRONG CROWD.Surround yourself with positive,goal oriented people. :)
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    It wasn't your fault and stay sober
  • teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Chill yhe *kitten* out and have more fun, most people are that wasted and self absorbed they won't notice, care or remember. Oh, and make the most of learning from your parents before they're gone forever.
  • SheLikesToLift
    SheLikesToLift Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Dont take no *kitten*
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Don't date - stay in school - don't buy a new car.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Stop it! Back the f up! "What other people think of you is none of your business!"
    You KNOW who you are. Be proud of it. Live your life for YOU! You're worth so much more than you'll ever know.. That stubborn *kitten*? It'll serve you better than all the plattidudes you'll ever hear..pay attention and stop putting everyone else, first! :heart:
  • gainerpal
    gainerpal Posts: 43 Member
    Options

^^^
    Don't get married....after 23 years you'll split

• Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    DON'T GET MARRIED AT THE AGE OF 20!! Too young, you are too young and there is so much left for you to do before you settle down with one person for the rest of your life.

That, and - get more exercise. You're going to need it :)
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Please don't start smoking. Just don't.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

And when your "BFF" says she's your "BFF FOR LIFE!!" - she's wrong. She's going to drop you like a bad habit after she gets married and has kids.

Also, when you're 33 and you meet a man named Tim? Run away...fast!!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Make contact with California and find him before it's too late.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    the only thing that limits you is your fears, and most of the time they are irrational and not founded on anything but another personas perception of you (which really...they aren't even thinking about anymore, so stop!) You are capable of so many things, athletic and academically.....oh and stop smoking. Its dumb. You're going to live a lot longer than you think you are so start taking better care of your body now. And I love you no matter what happens.