All Things In Moderation

Options
13»

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    beatonchat wrote: »
    That is amazing! That would be a big stack, they do butter sculpters at some state fairs and I bet that would make a nice bust or farm animal! :smiley:

Yes, I can assure you that my shape is dramatically different from my "butter bust" one (sad hubby)!!!
  • beatonchat
    beatonchat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was really just applying this whole "everything in moderation" thing to food but realized I need to apply it to exercise, too. I went to many days in a row really pushing myself and ended up hurting my back when I joined an online fitness challenge. I didn't hurt it badly but it was a good reminder that my body is still getting used to being really active and needs a day here and there to recover.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I gotta be goofy...just gotta
    How we supposed to do "everything" in moderation? Shouldn't we do like 80%
    Just sayin::::

I don't follow. Can you please clarify?

Being 100% dedicated to moderation is not a moderate attitude towards moderation.
  • beatonchat
    Options
    Everything in moderation, including moderation. This past weekend I was not moderate at all. I went camping with my family, I ate and drank whatever I pleased (a lot of which just happened to be healthy) and had a great time! I also swam a ton and got a lot of exercise. When I weighed in this morning I hadn't lost anything but also hadn't gained and that I can live with.
  • beatonchat
    Options
    I am in love with Zucchini Noodles! They really do satisfy my craving for noodles, be it with sauce or just Parmesan cheese. I have always liked zucchini, though, but my husband and son have never been partial until I started turning them into "noodles". Now they'll eat them instead of the real thing even when I offer to make regular noodles for them.
  • whit37k
    whit37k Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I gotta be goofy...just gotta
    How we supposed to do "everything" in moderation? Shouldn't we do like 80%
    Just sayin::::

I don't follow. Can you please clarify?

Doing EVERYTHING in moderation would not be doing things in moderation in an amount that is in moderation. Get it? :)

Whoops I somehow missed the posts where other people had already clarified this :/
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Moderate moderation, though? You can eat gobs of some things and none of others? Not strict with the moderation?
  • beatonchat
    Options
    I found out I was pregnant a year and 1 month ago. I swore I would maintain my healthy eating and exercise routine through the pregnancy and come out the other side no more then 10 pounds heavier. :D I crack myself up sometimes! I gained 55 pounds overall, lost 20 right away after i had my son. I have lost 5 pounds with exercise and then plateaued because I was not paying enough attention to what I was eating. Now I am back on track, motivated and ready to shed the remaining 25 pounds to get back to where i was pre-pregnancy. I am ready to share and listen. We've got this!!
  • beatonchat
    Options
    Here we are at the beginning of a new week. I prepped salad stuff for my work lunches, hard boiled eggs for snacks and have found a low sugar plant based protein powder that I like for breakfast. Planning ahead and knowing what to expect help me stay on track.
    What are you doing to start out strong?