Alluminati wrote: »
    Zipp237 wrote: »
    Why would any of them be unhealthy?
    He didn't say they were unhealthy, but that he's trying to select the healthiest one.

So what say you?
    As I said, there is no way to know. We only got dribs and drabs of nutritional info.

I understand but even without all the nutrients listed, unless one of them contains cyanide or something, what would be a deciding factor? Ain't nobody got time for that. :neutral:
    I have time for it.

You don't have time to look at the nutritional content of food, but you do have time to announce that you don't have time...something's off there.

Nah
    If you have the time to announce that you don't have time to look at nutrients, you have the time to look at them.

We all make time for the things that are important to us.

Us? Are you royal?
    This you have time for.

I do :smile: We all make time for things that are important to us.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    There should be no argument. Corn tortillas are amazeballs and are superior. The end.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    He didn't say they were unhealthy, but that he's trying to select the healthiest one.

So what say you?
    As I said, there is no way to know. We only got dribs and drabs of nutritional info.

I understand but even without all the nutrients listed, unless one of them contains cyanide or something, what would be a deciding factor? Ain't nobody got time for that. :neutral:
    I have time for it.

You don't have time to look at the nutritional content of food, but you do have time to announce that you don't have time...something's off there.

Nah
    If you have the time to announce that you don't have time to look at nutrients, you have the time to look at them.

Us? Are you royal?
    This you have time for.

It won't make you happy. It will never make you happy.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

So what say you?

I have time for it.

Nah

Us? Are you royal?
    This you have time for.

It won't make you happy. It will never make you happy.

You would know more about that than me, apparently.
    leprechaun-.gif
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Try making your own from scratch. They are not that hard to make.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Corn. No, Wheat.
    Wait....corn. Yes. Not Wheat. Just corn. yes, definitely.

CORN
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    There's a third choice. Rice! The Ole! brand of Extreme Fitness High Fiber Low Carb tortilla is large, 50 calories, 10 mg insoluble fiber, 45g, tasty, flexible and strong. Each morning I make a burrito filled with celery, onions, mushrooms, meat and condiments. You can put anything you want in it, but Ole' has killed the category for 'healthy tortilla'. I get mine at Wal-Mart. The insoluble fiber comes from brown rice.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Do you like all of these choices?
    It looks like the multigrain tortillas are a good choice in terms of your criteria if you like them.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Ok, let's be real - Mexican food is some of the MOST DELICIOUS of all time.

For large meals I'm a sucker for tacos OR burritos. I need to decide (my anxiety around food is exacerbated by variety and decisions) whether I stock my larder with smaller corn or larger (wheat) flour tortillas.

Which is the healthiest choice?

Im prioritizing LOW CALS and SUGAR, then low carbs, high protein and fiber, and the most important: lotsa surface area!

Using TJ's products as a control...

5 corn tortillas are:
    300 Calories,
    60g carbs,
    5g fiber,
    5g protein,
    2.5g fat

2 wheat flour tortillas are:
    280 Calories,
    40g carbs,
    6g fiber,
    6g protein,
    10g fat

2 rice flour tortillas are:
    260 Calories,
    48g carbs,
    4g fiber,
    4g protein
    5g fat

3 multigrain tortillas are:
    240 Calories,
    45g carbs,
    21g fiber,
    18g protein,
    9g fat,
    3G SUGAR

Unless those multigrain tortilla are tiny...they may be the clear winner here.

LET THE COMMENT WAR BEGIN!

As for the bolded part, sorry but not everybody thinks that. Just saying... and by the way, I prefer corn tortillas

• CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    There's a third choice. Rice! The Ole! brand of Extreme Fitness High Fiber Low Carb tortilla is large, 50 calories, 10 mg insoluble fiber, 45g, tasty, flexible and strong. Each morning I make a burrito filled with celery, onions, mushrooms, meat and condiments. You can put anything you want in it, but Ole' has killed the category for 'healthy tortilla'. I get mine at Wal-Mart. The insoluble fiber comes from brown rice.

Looks to me like the fiber comes from wood pulp (cellulose).
    Ingredients: Whole Wheat Flour, Enriched Bleached Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin And Folic Acid), Water, Cellulose Fiber, Wheat Gluten, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Contains 2% Or Less of The Following: Xantham Gum, Guar Gum, Salt, Mono And Diglycerides, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid, Pyrophosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Baking Soda), Calcium Propionate, Sorbic Acid (Mold Inhibitor), Fumaric Acid, Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Sugar, Dough Conditioner (Sodium Metabisulfite, Corn Starch, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dicalcium Phosphate), Enzymes. Contains: Wheat.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're looking for. For flavor flour tortillas are better, as they are mostly flavorless but are higher in sodium [160mg/oz]. Health-wise corn tortillas are better, as they have very low sodium content [28mg per ounce].
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Corn tortillas for tacos, low carb wheat for burritos& wraps.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I'm mexican, and I love Lefse! The Norwegian tortilla! ;)

I love Lefse! Haven't had it in years though :frowning: My grandmother used to make it for us.

OP, if it's a one off, eat whichever one tastes best. If it's going to be a staple, pick the one that fits your nutritional needs without significantly compromising taste.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

So what say you?

I have time for it.

Nah

Us? Are you royal?

A royal pain in the.........
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Any of the above, so long as there's plenty of hot sauce involved!! ;)
  • TimothyIrvine
    TimothyIrvine Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Looks to me like the fiber comes from wood pulp (cellulose).
    Ingredients: Whole Wheat Flour, Enriched Bleached Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin And Folic Acid), Water, Cellulose Fiber, Wheat Gluten, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Contains 2% Or Less of The Following: Xantham Gum, Guar Gum, Salt, Mono And Diglycerides, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid, Pyrophosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Baking Soda), Calcium Propionate, Sorbic Acid (Mold Inhibitor), Fumaric Acid, Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Sugar, Dough Conditioner (Sodium Metabisulfite, Corn Starch, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Dicalcium Phosphate), Enzymes. Contains: Wheat.

Damnit! I was so inspired to go get the Ole! brand because the main critique of the rice burrito-sized tortillas was that they crumble apart
  • TimothyIrvine
    TimothyIrvine Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lol at y'all actually having a comment war!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Lol at y'all actually having a comment war!!

See what you started. Lol