I overate for two days...will i gain any weight?

Options
I consumed around 3000 calories yesterday and 3000 calories today. Aside from these two recent outbreaks of eating more than I am supposed to, overall, I was eating around 1400-1500 calories this past week. Am i going to put on weight from eating over 2000 calories these past two days or no? How do i get back on track? Im having a hard time staying full throughout the day, and I am eating very healthy so that is not the problem. If you know any good suggestions or certain foods that will help me stay fuller longer that would be appreciated.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It may make the tiniest of dents in your progress but don't let it derail you. What are your Macro splits. Protein/Fats/Carbs. Tweaking the ratios can be helpful.

typo
  • Motions28
    Motions28 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cardio to get back calories always helps
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    It depends. Don't know what you have your rate of loss os set to, but even if it was for .5 lb/wk, your weekly deficit would be 1750 calories, so assuming your logging is flawless and you were in a deficit the rest of the week, it probably wouldn't cause much of a weight gain, if any at all. If you have set to 1 lb/wk, your weekly deficit is 3500, so you'd still be in a deficit of at least 1500 overall.

The point is, it helps to think of your calorie deficit over the course of a week, rather than day to day.
  • leahisnotmyname
    leahisnotmyname Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It depends. Sometimes when I eat more calories I actually end up losing weight. This is because if I have a streak of eating too little calories, my body goes into "starvation mode" and holds on to every little thing I eat. So when I come out of it, and eat more calories, I will actually lose weight because my body isn't holding on to everything anymore. It isn't good to not have enough calories, but it happens sometimes.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It depends. Sometimes when I eat more calories I actually end up losing weight. This is because if I have a streak of eating too little calories, my body goes into "starvation mode" and holds on to every little thing I eat. So when I come out of it, and eat more calories, I will actually lose weight because my body isn't holding on to everything anymore. It isn't good to not have enough calories, but it happens sometimes.
    That's a myth and starvation mode doesn't exist
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

This is not correct
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

:anguished:
  • selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ooooh noooo!!! 2 whole days?!

Haha no, you'll gain water weight. I broke my diet last weekend and I still have a bit of extra water weight, but if you're just a little stricter its fine. I'm doing an egg fast now to bump my fats up.

• selfepidemic1
    selfepidemic1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options

No offense, but you are entirely wrong. No, your body does not go into starvation mode. This does not exist, unless you're actually starving.