5'2" and trying to lose 80lbs

Options
Looking for people to connect with on here to help motivate each other. I have lost 20lbs so far but I need and will lost another 80lbs. Also looking for people to share food logs with. I enjoy seeing what everyone chooses for meals. I am in the 1500 calorie range at the moment and work out 5-6 days a week.

Replies

• Angela2ndChance
    Angela2ndChance Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, Dakota341. I'm Angela and am in the same boat with you. :) I'm 45, at about 309 (after last night's pizza pig-out...LOL) and would like to lose at least 100 lbs by next May. Not much into exercise but I'm working on it. I've actually started going to the pool at least a few times a week for water aerobics and am enjoying that. But It's tough going alone. Shall we paddle the boat together? :)
  • AwesomizeRoxi
    AwesomizeRoxi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Dakota
    I'm 5'3 and need to lose 60 lbs
    So i'm about the same as you :)
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'3" and have lost 58 pounds so far. I am looking to lose about 90 more...give or take. I have been working out at least 6 days a week, sometimes seven. It has been mostly cardio up until this week when I added a beginning strength training workout 3 days a week. Please feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • dakota341
    dakota341 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I went through and added each of you! Yes lets motivate one another together. I just had a weigh in at work and in the past 5 weeks I am have lose 11.2 pounds. Super exciting! I had no idea I had responses on here. I thought MFP would alert me of the messages but I did not get anything. So happy I clicked back into my discussion.
  • amyoung78
    amyoung78 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am an open book. Happy to have like minded people to draw inspiration from.
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Similar. I'm 5'2 and want to lose 60 pounds. My first goal is 30 by Christmas. What on really looking forward to is enjoying wearing clothes and shopping again. Ice down tyre past year feeling so self conscious about what I wear and what I look like. Add me and we can motivate one another
  • laoighse
    laoighse Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Also short, 5'1.5", hoping to lose 50 lbs total, have lost 10-15 about 6 times but find keeping going hard. There is a group for short people I joined but it is currently quiet. Maybe we could all post there?
  • carolynensanchez
    carolynensanchez Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 and have about 70 pounds to lose so add me if you would like! I'm new to this and would love to help motivate you and vice versa :)
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you need help or just an open diary to look at. I've lost 83 pounds with 17 more to go and have been doing this for quite a while, haha.
  • amongato4
    amongato4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!! I have had pretty good success if anyone needs to vent or wants any pointers... I am not expert but am a very good listener :)
  • blueiii31062
    blueiii31062 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my overall goal has been to lose 60 pounds. So far I've lost 20 and have stagnated since January. I've been gaining and losing the same 4-5 pounds since then and can't seem to find my motivation mojo again. Feel free to add me - I need all the help and support I can find! I'm not doing any plan or diet, just trying to limit portions and figure out the best way to eat for the rest of my life.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    laoighse wrote: »
    Also short, 5'1.5", hoping to lose 50 lbs total, have lost 10-15 about 6 times but find keeping going hard. There is a group for short people I joined but it is currently quiet. Maybe we could all post there?

Im a part of that group too and I wish it was more active!
  • dakota341
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments. I went through and added you all!!
  • pjw400
    pjw400 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I'm 5 feet 3, sweetness 190, cw 183, gw 120. I'm on week 3 at the gym 5 days a week for an hour. Calories 1390. Started exercising and eating healthy first week in July 2016.
  • zduraj
    zduraj Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5". A want to lose 30 pounds. I just signed to the program. Add me in too. I don't exercise much, just trying to walk as much as possible, but I really need some support to keep going
  • dakota341
    Options
    Request to be friends with both of you above! Love the motivation and support that MFP brings!!