****200lbs+ Club Looking to loose over 75lbs+ Join the Forum***

Options

Replies

• KatieOhLee
    KatieOhLee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I started my weight loss journey about seven weeks ago when I saw the scale read 200 pounds. I'm only 5'-2", and I used to be around 130-135 pounds a few years ago, and even that was almost considered overweight for my height. I'm now currently 185 pounds, and I hope to lose around 60 pounds before 2017!

I'm also looking for inspiring and active friends, so feel free to add me! :)
  • SuzMar17
    SuzMar17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm new here.....I'm 220 5'9....trying get to my pre pregnancy weight of 140.....it's been a struggle.....is this a group to be added into? I was trying WW, LCHF, Medifast.....now just trying get to basics and count my calories and macros and plan eliminate lots of the breads, carbs, as seems what works for me.....looking for support too.....I have 5 year old and 2 year old.....both boys with lots of energy....
  • mandybanks144
    mandybanks144 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5 foot 2 and 233lb.....starting over
  • MsFlabULess
    MsFlabULess Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to start this again! I lost 30 lbs and then fell off the wagon due to being on a fire assignment for work and working everyday 16 hrs per day and sitting in front of a huge snack table! I'm looking for more friends so we can motivate each other and hopefully reach our goals!
    I am a single mom of 2 girls and I have a sw of 302.7(start date of my lifestyle change this time is 7/11/16) my cw is 301.6 and my gw for now is 180. That may change once I get there. Oh, and I'm 5'7.
  • baconator1
    baconator1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm starting over again and am looking for help with motivation. Feel free to add me! I'm 5'4 and 241lbs. Goal weight is 135.
  • tbullucks2006
    tbullucks2006 Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started this time around on January 3rd, 2016. I am 41 years old and this is probably my 3rd good college try to lose weight since I've been about 23. My starting weight (and my highest)was 250 and I am 5'4. 2 I've gotten down to 202 give or take a few fluctuations. Honestly I was diagnosed with ADHD last year and since I have been on meds for that, I have been more focused this time around than any other time. I still struggle though staying on track. Summer has been hard. Too much fun and food to be had! I haven't given up though. I would have in the past. I guess I have to thank the meds for that.I have 3 goals weights. First to get out of the 200's and into ONEderland. Then I'll shoot for 180 and eventually I want to end up at 165. I would love more friends! Feel free to add me.
  • LeSweetLoaf
    LeSweetLoaf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, currently 310lbs, started out at 318lbs in the beginning of June, and I'm just starting to try out serious weight loss. I don't have experience with crash diets, or really dieting at all, so this is all new to me. My current goal is 1.5 lbs per week, and I'd like to get my weight down to at least 180lbs. I know it will take a long time, probably a couple years to do it safely, but I'd love some support along the way. Feel free to add me if you've got a lot to lose and need someone to help cheer you on. :smiley:
  • eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am one week in (again)....giving it my all and lost 4 lbs this week....counting calories works, so does exercise...not giving up when u hit a bump in the road is the hard part....good luck to all!
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You are lucky. With all the advice available on mfp, you can do it right the first time. Congratulations on taking the first step. :)
  • sophiangelle
    sophiangelle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5'4 starting at 240, looking to lose 95 and get to a healthy bmi. add me :)
  • jrobertson290365
    jrobertson290365 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Apologies if this post isn't allowed here, this is a photo of me at 24st 1lb, I'm not looking for sympathy or pity as I know I got myself into this mess but I really hate myself and the way I look, but hopefully this photo will motivate me to lose more weight as i've lost 7lb in 2 weeks. 8b4ri9kp1yet.jpg
  • mammawof4sweetkids
    mammawof4sweetkids Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need help! Don't know how to use the app, and really need encouragement. Just starting this journey, and it's been a rough three days. I don't know how to join this group. HELP, PLEASE!!
  • curvymegan89
    curvymegan89 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to MFP and just weighed in at 222lbs. I'm 5"5 with a goal weight of 174.
    Can't wait to start logging everything and watching the scale come down.
    You're all so motivating too! Keep up the great work!
  • Trailtramper74
    Options
    Welcome! The tools and people are great at mfp.
  • Trailtramper74
    Options
    Welcome! After reading your post, I did a search, and there are some good tutorials on using mfp on YouTube. There is plenty of support here, so I am sure you will do great.
  • madhavi488
    madhavi488 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Joined here to reduce 42 lbs of my post pregnancy weight. There is a big party coming soon in November...by then I have to shed those extra pounds. Give me some motivation and tips. Thanks friends!.
  • happydance1978
    happydance1978 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    dgeames wrote: »
    @jubinahdi. Wow 12 lbs in one week! Thats amazing! what does the Canadian diet consist of?

@vangoghdelaney. Thats awesome. whats your goal weight? I stopped almost three years ago. And everyday is a challenge getting back into the long journey of weight loss.

I'm Canadian.my diet consisted of Maple Syrup and Bacon hehe....I'm currently living LCHF...bacon ok...maple syrup is not. I'm curious too lol
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    jubinahdi wrote: »
    Well, I use Kg instead of the lb but roughly I'm going to lose 80 lb. I used the Canadian diet and lost 12 lb in a week. It's great, and I recently added some workouts to my plate. I think I'm gonna make that Canadian diet as my lifestyle when I reach my desired weight. Feel free to add me is you want a friend in your weight loss journey.

What is the Canadian diet?
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    245 ish, and looking to weigh 175 ish. Need all the support i can get, and people who aren't afraid to hold me accountable for my screw ups, or forgetting to log my food for the day. Free free to add me. =)
  • wondy75
    wondy75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm making a serious attempt to change my lifestyle. I'm certainly ignorant and lost, but with the MFP forums and member support, I'm confident I'll do well.
    I'm 41, 5'7", 390lbs. I'm a lifelong emotional eater and am struggling hardcore again.
    I would love to connect with more users to offer and obtain support on this long journey.

Good luck!