Sugar goal impossible to stay under

Options
I am on a 1290 calorie daily intake to lose weight. I am very mticulous with my food entries and weigh all my food. I have reduced my fruit intake to less than 100grm per day to keep my sugar intake down.l do not have processed sugar,take away and cook all my meals. Yet l cannot stay under the MFP 25gr sugar goal.The sugar intake is made up of all the vegies l eat for lunch and dinner..the low carb vegies. I really think this is an impossible goal. Or am l doing something wrong? Has anyone been able to keep under this 25gr goal without starving themselves !

Replies

• sunjacket45
    sunjacket45 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    25 grams of sugar a day is very hard to consistently accomplish. You didn't mention if you are walking or have a fitness routine. If you do you will find that the workout uses up the sugar and the number on MFP will come down once the workout is recorded. Good luck!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it unless you have a medical reason to do so. Many people track fiber rather than sugar.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I average about 5g/day at 1700 kcal, and am not even trying to specifically avoid it. So, it's definitely doable, but not even remotely necessary for most people. Hell, I don't even need to avoid it, but my food preferences have always leaned this way anyway.
  • Akeliak
    Akeliak Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit, so I have also found this very challenging. I have insulin resistance so I would very much love to find a way to keep it at least 30 grams a day.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I only reach half that goal daily on LCHF. It is doable. Not necessary to track it though. Unless you have a medical reason, as stated above. Or if you're doing LCHF, in which case total carbs from all sources are more important than just sugar.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    You can set your sugar goal to whatever you want, you don't have to stick with what MFP has you at automatically. I set mine at 60g and like to track where my sugar is coming from. As we know sugar is sugar no matter the source, so I like to keep it under 60g if I can.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    My limit is set at 50. I can live with that. Go ahead up it, as long as you stick to your daily calories you will lose weight.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    "I am as fit as a Stradivarius."

Oh! I am SO stealing this and using it in a story. Or poem. Or essay. !!

@godlikepoetyes Haha, I'm honoured!