Feeling weak to temptation

Options
I am having horrible cravings for sweets! They are my main weaknesses and with some sad news with my family it's making things harder to want to cheat.

But I'm down 3lbs in 5 days and trying to remain focused!

Replies

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Just remind yourself of your goal, and think about how much longer it'll take if you deviate from your calorie plan.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Work something into your calories if you can. I leave room for something sweet (usually ice cream) nearly every night. I've learned that avoiding the foods I love can lead me to binge on them, so now I just eat them in moderation.
  • Dali032484
    Dali032484 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth which becomes impossible to manage when It's that time of the month. There are low calorie desserts out there that you can eat without going over your goal. Gotta choose smart though. Sweets can make you want to eat more sweets.
    I personally find the chocolate avocado pudding very satisfying and filling. It gives you good fat, no dairy but still tastes good.....to me. It helps me significantly minimize cravings. Have you tried that?
  • ari_zona
    ari_zona Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So sorry you had some bad news. Life sucks sometimes :( I'm an emotional eater and what I've been trying to do is find substitutes to food for the times I turn to it for emotional reasons. It's easier to resist temptation if you set your new coping mechanism in advance so you know what to turn to when it strikes. Food to me is a reward, a stress reliever, comfort when I'm sad. So now I reward myself with legos (I love legos, and they 're also great at keeping my mind busy when stressed or sad) and I go for walks whith my dogs when I'm stressed or sad. It's not always easy but it does get easier with time :). Good luck to you; hope this sad time will pass quickly for you.
  • natashaanne2576
    natashaanne2576 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Work something into your calories if you can. I leave room for something sweet (usually ice cream) nearly every night. I've learned that avoiding the foods I love can lead me to binge on them, so now I just eat them in moderation.

I do the same thing! I add the ice cream in my diary early in the day so that it is already accounted for and I can also look forward to my treat later on in the evening.