Bottom tummy exercises

Options
Down 27 pounds but I'm seriously losing weight everywhere but my bottom stomach. I do stomach exercises cardio everything but it doesn't seem to go away.. any advice ?? :s so frustrated!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    We can't target what part of the body weight loss comes from (genetics plays a role too). I'm a pear whether I'm at goal or not. Just do the best you can.

Strength training helps you keep (more) existing lean muscle. Make sure your workout regimen includes some.

• mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Flutter kicks- Heal touches- crunches-Scissors. Sit in a chair with your legs straight out in front of you and pull your legs to the ceiling. Then pull them to your chest. There are also a ton of workout videos on abs online. My tummy isn't flat yet, but it's getting there. My fav video is this one. https://youtube.com/watch?v=r_J8btnIEKQ
  • cutiee_rojas
    cutiee_rojas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @teabea That's depressing ..lo
    l I hate it so much :( .. but thank u ! (: I'll just try everything and see what happens lol
  • cutiee_rojas
    Options
    Thank u so much @mommazach & @jemhh ! I
    Will definitely try out everything !!
  • socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight and the belly fat will eventually go.

And reall ab exercises don't do much to condition and develop the ab anyway. It's heavy squats will do more for abs than 1000 crunches.

I am the Queen of Hate All Ab exercises. I only performed two or three ab exercises maybe once a week. After losing over 70 lbs I went in for a tummy tuck. All five doctors I consulted were amazed at the condition of my abs--several said they would only advice removal of excess skin because I had a six pack under there. It was the squats--contracting my abs while squating 20% above my body weight.
  • cutiee_rojas
    Options
    @socalrunner59 congratulations on your weight loss!! That's amazing! Thank u for the really good advice . I loveeeee squats . I can do them all day! (:
  • pattyandthemoos
    pattyandthemoos Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree. You definitely have to work on losing weight in general to see a difference. But, I started using these YouTube videos by Brendan Meyers because I was frustrated with my ab workout. They don't take very long and I learned alot of new exercises that way. Now, I've been doing my own thing because I want to do some weighted exercises but I love his YouTube stuff.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
  • Redwineandmuscles
    Redwineandmuscles Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Trouble spots are often the last place where we notice change.
  • mdrolle
    mdrolle Posts: 20 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Everyone stores fat a bit differently, but I absolutely believe (based on what I've seen) is that the body burns fat from everywhere at the same rate. Therefore, areas with the largest fat stores will be the last to disappear. You'd have to get very scientific, say with a combo of dexa and calipers, with a good sized study group, over a good period of time, to prove that some kind of spot reduction is possible.

Here is a reasonable short read...http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23222084