How many of you eat breakfast?

Options
So far I've been managing to lose weight without breakfast but so many people bang on about how I should and how important it is. So my question is how many of you eat breakfast and how many of you have successfully lost weight without it?

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I never eat breakfast and I am bmi 20.
  • ashleybrownlj
    ashleybrownlj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Supposingly the first time u eat in the day is when ur metabolism starts so the sooner the better .. U might loss weight at first skipping a meal but in the long run u won't and won't maintain weight loss .... In my opinion .. But everyone's body is different I eat quite a large healthy breakfast every morning I don't eat after 6 o'clock at night that's my routine and works for me ☺️
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've never been a breakfast eater. I'm simply not hungry in the morning. A cup of coffee will do just fine. That's if I get up at my normal time. If I get up early and am headed to work early, I do eat because I will be hungry before lunch, if I don't. Toast and fruit or some Cheerios is all I need.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I eat every morning before work but sometimes don't on my days off if I am not going to be very active.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Just coffee with a little milk, that's it.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast as I'm usually starving after my morning walk. But you don't have to eat it if you don't want it, meal timing doesn't matter.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I haven't regularly eaten breakfast since high school. I have my coffee and if I do eat it's usually half a bagel and a little cream cheese. Not more than 150 calories. I prefer having extra calories at night to snack or have a glass of wine. Currently at 25 lbs lost.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand how people aren't hungry for breakfast lol I can eat right when I wake up (I couldn't before my diet though, for some reason). I try to avoid eating in the morning for as long as possible though because if I eat too early in the morning I end up eating more at night. It doesn't help that I wake up at 6:30-7:30am everyday. Eating breakfast definitely doesn't make a difference when it comes to weight loss though, actually it might even help you lose more weight since you aren't eating the calories from breakfast
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I always eat breakfast, mainly because it's usually 12 hours between dinner and breakfast, and that's a long time to last without food [breakfast at 10am, lunch at 4pm, dinner at 10pm].
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    sometimes i do,sometimes i dont.

i tend to eat a really early lunch though (10/11 am). but then, i frequently get up at 3/4 am, so........

ive lost close to 80 pounds over the past 2 years.

my boyfriend, who is scrawny as all get out and has a very physical job and gets up at the same time i do, doesnt eat breakfast at all. in fact, he doesnt eat enough at all, considering his physical activity, but thats a whole other issue LOLOL
  • Tashlovesfood
    Tashlovesfood Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll stick with what I'm doing then! I rarely feel hungry before 12:30-13:00 and I feel like I'm wasting calories by having breakfast. But my trainer at the gym and my friend who is a Pilates instructor both told me off lol!
  • Tracie5225
    Tracie5225 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have trouble controlling my appetite, as soon as I start eating, unless I am completely occupied, I feel hunger all day. Therefore I usually miss breakfast, and try to hold off my first meal for as long as possible.
    There has also been research that for men it is better to exercise after eating but for women it is better to exercise on an empty stomach so I chose to skip breakfast and I have not had any detrimental effects and I believe it helps with my weight loss
  • fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast every day, just something about 300-400 calories and a mix of protein and carbs (a serving of fruit or veggies and usually a whole grain bread). However, I know that not everyone *can* eat breakfast, and if you're truly not hungry, then you absolutely shouldn't force yourself to eat. I know a few people who feel ill if they try to eat breakfast, they can't eat until they've been awake for at least 2 hours. It just depends on the person. I will suggest, however, that you drink some water when you wake up, if you're not already. Sometimes I don't feel like i'm hungry unless I drink something, then it hits me that my body needs fuel. And even if you're still not hungry after drinking, it's always good to hydrate! :)
  • kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Recent studies have shown that breakfast is not the most important meal of the day despite what everyone thought until then. It is just one of the meals you get. You can skip it if you don't feel like eating.
    However, it seems that nutritionists do recommend that you spread your calorie intake over six meals rather than three as it optimizes the macros being put to use by your body.

Well, with that being said, I still eat three meals and I don't snack (never did).
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I generally don't eat breakfast as like to consume most of my calories later in the day when I am prone to snacking/grazing. It pretty rare that I feel hungry right after I get out of bed.
    Supposingly the first time u eat in the day is when ur metabolism starts so the sooner the better .. U might loss weight at first skipping a meal but in the long run u won't and won't maintain weight loss .... In my opinion .. But everyone's body is different I eat quite a large healthy breakfast every morning I don't eat after 6 o'clock at night that's my routine and works for me ☺️
    That's not true.
    The only time the metabolism stops is...
    When you're dead.